AF
Posted By
Amber_Feng
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My computer recently crashed, so I reinstalled Windows XP on it again to make it work again. But when I tried to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0, there was an error that the serial number was invalid. I checked the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0 was not a program anymore. Is the serial number still registered or something?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 2, 2004
Did you format your hard drive or simply reinstalled XP? Also, make sure that 8 are 8 and not 0 (sounds silly but the font for the serial number isn’t the clearest of all).

Ray
AF
Amber_Feng
Jul 2, 2004
I just reinstalled XP, but the registry is where all the programs are stored, so even though the shortcuts and folders are still intact, there’s no program installed. And I checked the serial number multiple times, and it still doesnt work :(.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 2, 2004
In some instances, I know that users have had luck trying, and retrying several times.

Otherwise, I’d call Adobe technical support (if you’ve not used your free tech call yet)

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections