RB
Posted By
Ryan_Beha
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My computer crashed recently, losing all of the registry information for my Adobe Photoshop Elements program. When I attempted loading the program from the address I:\Program Files\adobe, it would not load. The reason the hard drive is I is because that is my new hard drive. I still have my old hard drive running, which is why my old C drive got changed to the I drive. This is the message I got with an attempt to open the file: ‘Cannot complete your request because of missing or invalid personalized information.’ Now, just to say WHY this is SUCH a problem, Adobe Elements (version 1.0.1, as it says in the file’s Properties) came with my computer, pre-loaded onto it. When my computer crashed, the registry information was lost from this program, along with all of the other programs I had before the crash. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem given these circumstances? Thanks for any help!

Ryan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WB
William_Baer
May 11, 2005
I think the registry expects PSE to be on the C: drive. If your registry has been copied to the new C: drive intact from what it was prior to the crash, you should be able to recover by copying the Adobe folder to the new C: drive Program Files folder. It might work. If you have a fresh installation of the operating system on the new C: drive, there is a new registry and the only way to recover is to reinstall PSE from the CD. If it was pre-loaded and you have no CD, I think you are in a bad way. There probably is a way to move the registry data from your old C: drive to the new one but I don’t know it and messing with the registry is chancy at best.
R
RK
May 11, 2005
Having had a similar registration problem with Elements 3.0 and my subnote I discovered that the only way to really make things work is to completely remove all references to the program in the registry and then do a clean install. Perhaps your sensible solution will work but I suspect that it may not. I think the best solution for Ryan would be to look around on eBay or some other place and simply get a new copy of the program (or buy 3.0) and do a clean install on his I drive BEFORE things get confused by a copy of the registry.

I’ve discovered that Elements can be a challenge to some systems even under the best of circumstances.
RB
Ryan_Beha
May 11, 2005
I tried that, but it did not work. Does anyone have any other ideas? Can Adobe send me a disk or something, because I DID originally have Elements 1.0.1 on my computer? I don’t think it is right for me to have to buy the newest version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, 3.0, to get my software back and running again.

Ryan
BH
Beth_Haney
May 11, 2005
Almost every computer (well, actually, every one that I know of) has a restore disk included from which pre-installed software can be reloaded. Have you tried that? If not, then contact the maker of your computer, because they purchased the distribution rights from Adobe and are in charge of support in cases like this.
RB
Ryan Beha
May 11, 2005
I would use the restore disk, but then I would lose all of the information that I have on that drive, unless there is a way to use the restore disk for JUST re-installing Photoshop Elements. Is there a known way that would allow my to reset the "personalized and login" information? If I could do this, then I could change the information to make it work again. I also cannot find the uninstall file or reinstall file in my Adobe folder.

Ryan
RB
Ryan Beha
May 11, 2005
YES!!! I found a cd in my computer drawer entitled "Adobe Photoshop 5.0 Limited Edition"! This is what I needed, even though it is not the same program, it does basically the same things. Thanks to everyone for their help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections