Posted By
Joseph_Pechous
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On start up the following message is displayed:
The monitor profile, "Gateway VX930 Gamma 2.2 Temp: 6500" appears to be defective, Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

Do I need to remove/and re-install the intire program or is there a easy way to re-install only the needed or damage Items?

I’m using this on a gateway P-4 700 S, w/xp operating system.

Thanks for you advise and help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 8, 2004
Joseph, no worries. Go to your control panel..unless you are on a Mac then i have no idea where it is…but in Control panel you will find something named ‘ Adobe Gamma ‘. This was plopped in there when you installed the PE2 software. Photoshop along with Elements programs are color managed so your screen needs to have accurate color display for the program to perform it’s rightful duties. Follow the step by step procedure to calibrate your monitor and you’ll be all set. It only takes a few minutes. Here is a link to help if ya need it. it’s for PS7 but it’s the same in Elements;

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm>
R
RobertHJones
Jul 8, 2004
Joseph,

Jodi is absolutely right, you need to run Adobe Gamma. I just wanted to add that within Adobe Gamma, you should probably select the same profile as the "defective" one named in the error message as a starting profile and save the new profile you obtained by running the calibration under a new name (which will then become your new monitor profile).

The profile probably isn’t really defective (although I suppose it could be), it just isn’t in the format needed by
the Adobe Gamma loader which executes at start up and loads the monitor profile. It’s important to calibrate your monitor for good results and Adobe Gamma will help you to adjust the monitor controls and establish a profile. Adobe Gamma will save it in the proper format.

Bob
JP
Joseph_Pechous
Jul 8, 2004
Thank to Jodi and Bob,

Your suggestions were right on the mark. I did as you instructed, and every thing is perfect.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Sincerely Yours Joe Pechous
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 8, 2004
Joseph …great ! Come back soon 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections