WW
Posted By
w westfall
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click on the Type Tool in Elements my many fonts are displayed alphabetically in the dropdown window. Is there a way I can permanently display the few fonts I use most frequently at the top of that long list? I have read previous posts on this subject but did not find an answer.
Wendell

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jul 21, 2004
Wendell,

To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. In Windows PE is simply loading whatever is in your C:\Windows\Fonts folder. I don’t know about Mac. If I’m wrong someone will correct this.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 21, 2004
Wendell,

The Mac works just the same way ….

Wendy
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 21, 2004
Not even full Photoshop has this "recently used font" feature. 🙁

I wish they did!
Patti
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 21, 2004
Patti,

I know that you can get font managers like suitcase … any idea how they work and if they can do say a favourites group.

Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 21, 2004
Patti,

I usually type in the first letter or two of the font I want in the font name field which will get me that font or in the neighborhood…then use the up or down arrow key if I’m a couple of fonts off my objective to zero in on the font I want to use.

Terri
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 21, 2004
Adobe Type Manager or one of its competitors is what you need. You can set up as many groups as you want and activate and deactivate them with a couple of clicks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections