GC
Posted By
Greg_Castell
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if there is a way to add fonts to Elements 2.0, and if so, what is it?? There is one font in particular that appears in MS Word, but not in Elements that I really want to be able to use in it. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 21, 2004
Elements doesn’t store any fonts of its own, so it relies on whatever is available in your system font folder. You might look in there and see if the font that you like from Word appears. If not, try making a copy of it and adding it to the system font file. Interestingly I thought all of the Word fonts went in the system folder, too, but maybe I’m wrong. I’ve never checked!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 21, 2004
I can’t remember precisely, but I think it’s in the Windows/Fonts or System32/Fonts folder.
PD
Pete_D
Apr 22, 2004
Greg,

Are you using Windows?

I had a similar problem several years ago where I had the font in the windows font folder but it would not be available in PE and two other programs but was there in Word. One other problem I had that was part of this was that I could not install any new fonts either using install fonts from control panel or dragging them into the fonts folder.

The fix was complicated and required numerous registry corrections. The diagnosis was done by a Microsoft technician who after several weeks of checks and recording registry activity guided me through the repairs.

Hope your problem is not as complicated and time consuming. If you do not solve this repost and I will see if I can find my notes from back then.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections