LP
Posted By
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how can I change the default browser from IE to Safari?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KW
Kyle_White
Jul 22, 2004
Hi Lynne!

This is one I can answer!

Open Safari’s Preferences -> General tab and the first item is to select your default browser.

HTH

Kyle
LP
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 22, 2004
Hi Kyle
thanks for responding — but I already have Safari set as my default browser for use. It’s when I’m using Photoshop Elements Create a Web Photo page that IE seems to be "chosen" by APE as the browser it launches once the photo pages are created!!
Lynne
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 22, 2004
Lynne,
Open up Internet Explorer browser
Go to Tools>internet options>Programs and look on the bottom of this page if there is a check mark relating to IE checking if it is the default browser.
Ken
LP
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 22, 2004
Hi Ken
on my version of IE (Mac OSX) there is no "internet options" under tools- I went to the prefs for IE and there’s nothing there about enabling IE as the default browser. but thanks for the suggestion.
Lynne
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 23, 2004
The Mac OS X version of IE doesn’t have the same options as the Windows. Under Panther, you set the default browser in Safari.

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 23, 2004
The problem is not your default browser but PE. It was created before Safari. To associate your Help with Safari, go into your PE folder in Applications and open the Help folder. Highlight an HTML page and press command + i for the Get Info box. Then choose Safari as the open with application and click "Change All."

I found I had to do this wiith both the first page (which I presume is the index.html page equivalent) and any other random page for it to take, but most people have had good luck with any random page.
LP
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 23, 2004
Hi Ray and Barbara
thanks for your responses. Barbara, I will try your suggestion. thanks again. Lynne
LP
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 23, 2004
Hi again, Barbara,
you suggestion worked for the Help pages – they now all open in Safari — but my original issue is unchanged — when I use the "Create Web Photo Gallery" -once PE is done creating the pages, it immediately launches IE. I went into the PE folder and found a folder in "Presets" called "WebContactSheet" -inside are the folders with the names of the various styles of webpages you can create with the automation — I changed those to open with Safari – but no luck so far. I’ll keep plugging away! thanks again. Lynne
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 23, 2004
If you apply the same trick to the web gallery created by PSE, will it work? The trick that Barbara showed you…

Ray
LP
Lynne_Pariseau
Jul 23, 2004
Hi Raymond, yes that would work — but what I’m trying to do is to get PE to automatically launch safari when it’s done instead of launching IE.

Lynne

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections