D
Posted By
dandychick
Jan 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Mac and CS4, and had no idea what to search, so, I’m asking here… I keep accidentally zooming and rotating images in PS. A compass shows up in the middle of the screen while it’s happening. I don’t even know what activates this tool, but it seems to happen randomly while I’m moving the mouse (I have a macbook).

Does anyone know what this feature is called, and more importantly if there’s some way to disable it? It’s really annoying and distracting.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 11, 2009
Well this is an Apple problem It t is because of the new touchpad.

the solution is to get a mouse or tablet for use with Photoshop.
R
Ram
Jan 11, 2009
Rotate View Tool

Normally this is only active when the rotate tool is active. On a MacBook it can be activated via gestures. Try going into the Mac preferences and turning off the rotate gesture for the trackpad. That should fix it provided you don’t also have the rotate tool active.

CLICK HERE < http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WSA6DF9C40-CEA8-4 cfd-9A8B-44108E2975DD.html>
D
dandychick
Jan 11, 2009
Okay, thanks. This helped me understand it, although apparently there’s no way to turn it off in system preferences. (This is the new touchpad without buttons. It has a video that shows how to use it, but no option to change / disable these features). It’s also not related to the PS rotate view tool — it will happen while another tool is active.

But, it’s not a problem with Adobe, anyway.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 11, 2009
Could you attach a Wacom tablet and thus keep your hands clear of the track pad?
NT
Nini Tj
Jan 12, 2009
Or a mouse. That’s what I do with my MacBook alu. New touchpad drives me nuts in all apps…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections