P
Posted By
peterpica
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What printer setting should I use to print from Photoshop to 19 ml gloss canvas on my Epson 4000?

I have to make 8 prints and only have 10 sheets. I don’t have much margin for spoilage.

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 20, 2009
peter,

1. Tell us something about your system and what settings you are currently using, as well as color management and profile settings. Also, is your monitor hardware calibrated?
2. Understand that Murphy’s Law prevails. Buy more paper today. Seriously.
3. Run color tests on the stock before running the batch.

Neil
EC
Eric_Chan
Jan 20, 2009
Ideally you should use the driver settings recommended in the documentation that came with your gloss canvas. You should also use a profile that was made for the 4000 + gloss canvas. If you don’t have such a profile, you can check the canvas maker’s web site. If they don’t have one, you should use your extra 2 sheets to get a custom profile made.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jan 20, 2009
First dial in your printer workflow with a paper you have plenty of so you get totally comfortable with the profiling/color management process prior to dealing with your scarce canvas.

Note that not every paper will print well on any given printer. First make sure someone else is getting good prints from that printer/paper/profile combination.
P
peterpica
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks much all. No docs with paper but link to Premier Imaging Products that had all the 4000 printer info I needed.

Thanks for tips to all.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections