Posted By
JoshGriffiths
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey can someone help me..

when i use the line tool to do an outline for my border, evrytime i draw a line a new layer appears with a vector mask..
this means oi cant use the magic wand or the magic eraser and my borders look really shabby

can anyone tell me how i can draw loads of lines and keep them all on one layer? Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Aug 5, 2004
Josh,

Yes, the line tool creates each line on a separate layer…

A couple of things come to mind as alternatives for you — you could use the Rectangular Marquee tool to define your frame, and then Edit > Stroke to create the border. If you need more than four sides, or want angles that are not 90º, you could instead use the Polygonal Lasso before stroking the selection outline.

HTH,

Byron
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 5, 2004
easy way to make lines> choose paintbrush tool at desired pixel size and hardness>click in one spot where you want the line to begin and then hold down shift key and click in spot where you want the line to end. This gives ya a perfect straight line. To cheat a little>go to toolbar>view>grid, check that on and then check ‘snap’.

Do this on a new layer above your image…this way if ya mess up you can erase without damaging your image.
J
JoshGriffiths
Aug 5, 2004
also..

wen u draw the lines you want, then want to get rid of the white space..u cant use magic wand because it says the selected area is a fill area?
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 5, 2004
wrote
wen u do that tho u cant get perfect diagonal lines..

Josh,

Drawing with the Polygonal Lasso, if you hold down the Shift key, your angles will be constrained to multiples of 45º.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 5, 2004
Hi, Jodi!!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 5, 2004
Maybe you can be more specific at what you are trying to accomplish. You can certainly get perfect diagonal lines with this program but a little more info may help.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 5, 2004
Hi Byron, what’s up ? Just had to feed the big meow face !

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections