HT
Posted By
Henry_Trapp
Aug 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"Could not complete your request because of Program error" appears when I try to save image after editing it. Tonight I saved the first image I tried, then this error message repeatedly appeared when I tried to process a duplicate of another, even though I restarted the computer. I have been using Elements for some time, and this problem is new. I have an IBM desktop with Xp Home edition, 2002, Service Pack 1, Pentium(R) 4CPU 1300 Mhz, 256 Mb of RAM.

I opened Device Manager and there were no exclamation marks.

This may be the first time I used Elements since IBM replaced the motherboard under warranty (not the CPU- the battery was bad. Everything else has worked since then.
Henry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TF
Terri_Foster
Aug 15, 2004
Funny, PSE2 and CS did the same thing to me last night on one file. The funny part is I created the document from scratch. CS refused to save it or rename it to save. I ended up saving the document by creating a new document and using the move tool to transfer the contents. By the way, if you ever need to do this link everything then drag directly out of the document…not the layers palette. Thought I’d pass along this tip. I know this didn’t help much but I think it’s just a gremlin not your hardware.

Terri
LK
Lauri_Kunzman
Aug 21, 2004
I’ve been using my current version of PSE since May. no problem. last night when I went to edit a photo and tried to save it I received the same message "could not complete the close command cuz of program error’. after that the program would NOT even close. what to do??? ljk

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections