BL
Posted By
Barbara_Lundrigan
Aug 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to apply lighting effects to my photo I get the following message: "The command "lighting Effects" is not currently available."

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanx
Barbara

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 17, 2004
Has it ever worked? If so, try deleting the Elements preference folder. With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and make a quick grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will build as Elements continues to launch.

Corrupt preferences is one possibility, but it also may be that you have not simplified a background layer or that the layer you have selected contains an adjustment, such as Levels, Hue/Saturation, etc. Or? If deleting preferences doesn’t help, repost and give more information about the image you’re working on and what you’ve done to it.
BL
Barbara_Lundrigan
Aug 18, 2004
Tried deleting preferences..no go on that. It originally worked in Photoshop CS, but does not work in either program now.

I open program and open file and try to get the lighting effects to work. In CS they are grayed out and in Elements I get that "not available" message.

Any ideas
thanx
Barbara
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 18, 2004
Is your file in RGB mode? If not, try that.
BL
Barbara_Lundrigan
Aug 18, 2004
Hi Beth

Figured out what the problem was. The picture was a black and white in "grey" mode. Changed it to RGB and the lighting effects worked. Thanx for your help, maybe this will help someone else with that problem.

Barbara
BL
Barbara_Lundrigan
Aug 18, 2004
Barbara

You must have been sending the message when I figured out the problem. Thanx for the speedy reply’s. I’ll be back I’m sure.

Thanx Barbara

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections