G
Posted By
goboomers
Aug 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop Elements I get into a mode where the tool size does not show up on the cursor. It is true for small size brushes as well as for large sizes. The cursor has a dot in the center with 4 short lines around it pointing N,S,E,W. But there is no number indicating tool size if it is a large size tool. And on small size tools the size and shape of the tool is not shown. For the life of me I can’t figure out what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 19, 2004
Hi…..

If you go into Edit > Preferences > Dipslay and Cursors you can select the type of cursor you see. You can select Brush Size for the painting cursor which means it will be as big as the brush size you select.

The actual size is shown in the option bar for the tool just under the menu headings

Hope this helps

Colin
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 19, 2004
Hmmm. You don’t have the Caps Lock on, do you? In some circumstances, this can get you a crosshair, which is what you seem to be describing. Just another thought in case Colin’s suggestion doesn’t help.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 19, 2004
Beth … I was just going to say that.

If its not that then try deleting the prefs file:

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections