SM
Posted By
sharlene_marcucci
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2 in Windows XP. What plug in do I need to get to create mirror images? Or can this be done with one of the existing filters? I am relatively new at this and would appreciate any help or advice.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Aug 20, 2004
Sharlene,

Have you tried Image > Rotate > Flip Horizontal?

Byron
B
BobHill
Aug 20, 2004
Sharlene,

You can do that easily in Elements. Make youR selection of what you wish mirrored with the tool of choice, then Copy/Paste (on a PC, you can Control C, Control V). This make a copy of your selection and pastes it directly over the original but makes it in it’s own layer. You can now make your mirror of this manually by using the Move tool (V) and just drag on the bounding box handle (center top, as an example) and drag it below the bottom to the amount you wish to make it mirrored. If you wish to skew the image, just hold down CONTROL and pull to a side. Constrain and Skew, hold down both CONTROL and SHIFT. You don’t like it, just delete the layer and start over. Use Transform also and rotate 180º. Or Rotate Flip will also work.

Bob
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 20, 2004
Sharlene

This can be accomplished in a number of many ways but if you are new at Elements here is probably the easiest way. With your image open go to the top menu. Now follow the arrows … > Image > Rotate > Flip Horizontal …. and you will have a mirror image of what you started with … good for printing t-shirts.

Grant.
SM
sharlene_marcucci
Aug 20, 2004
Thank you all for the tips. I’ll try the techniques you suggested right away. Thanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections