DG
Posted By
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden I’ve had a strange problem with the cropping tool in CS4(11).

The cropping outline doesn’t seem to keep up with the cursor. The cropping outline ends up much smaller than what was attempted by the cursor.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Mar 4, 2009
With the Crop Tool selected, look at the Options Bar. Strange values end up there for some strange reason. Sometimes it’s 1 px for the resolution, or 1 px for the dimensions.
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
WTF?

Adobe…if it aint broke, don’t fixit.

Looks like this will be my last upgrade. I just want a good photo processing app, and PS is getting way too complicated. Very good alternatives are becoming available insofar as RAW is concerned at a much more attractive price point.
R
Ram
Mar 4, 2009
Does that mean you fixed your problem?
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction, one of them days.

Not sure what to do about the situation you indicated, as I’ve never had to input those fields before. What values should be there? Right now it’s at 4"X"6X300pix/inch resolution.

Thanks for your help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 4, 2009
Hit the Clear button in the Options bar and re-enter any values that you want to use.

Consider saving certain settings as a Tool Preset.
B
Buko
Mar 4, 2009
Hit the Clear button in the Options bar and re-enter any values that you want to use.

or just leave them blank
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2009
or just leave them blank

Yup.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 5, 2009
Actually I find that saving a few frequently-used dimensions (with no resolution stated) as Tool Presets (particularly for the marquee) is very useful for framing up images to fit particular printing sheets.
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 6, 2009
Thanks you-all.

Will give these tips a try.

Cheers
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 8, 2009
As suggested, cleared the fields and left them blank. Seems back to usual.

Thanks for all the help.

David
R
Ram
Mar 8, 2009
🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections