Posted By
Dave
Oct 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys,

I am using Adobe Elements 3 and I have a problem with cropping, when I try to crop part of an image the crop box with the drag handles all move together, for example, I have been asked to restore a photo, the main part of the image is a person sitting down on some steps and the background has pylons and a small building, when I try to crop the person to size the actual crop box can only resize in tandom.

All I want to do is crop the image so it will be 4 inches high and two and a half inches wide. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks guys.

Dave.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
Graham
Oct 27, 2005
Use the Crop Tool (middle of left-side tool bar) Only one of the handles locks
when you move another.
You can set size (from table or arbitrary), select & move the selection area & rotate it.

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am using Adobe Elements 3 and I have a problem with cropping, when I try to crop part of an image the crop box with the drag handles all move together, for example, I have been asked to restore a photo, the main part of the image is a person sitting down on some steps and the background has pylons and a small building, when I try to crop the person to size the actual crop box can only resize in tandom.

All I want to do is crop the image so it will be 4 inches high and two and a half inches wide. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks guys.

Dave.
R
Roy
Oct 28, 2005
"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Many thanks guys.

Dave.
I suspect that you have set the crop tool to a specific size, or ratio by mistake. Look at its Options Bar, just above the Image Window, and clear any figures from the "Height" , "Width" or "Resolution" boxes.

Roy G
D
Dave
Oct 28, 2005
Hi Roy,

Many thanks, that worked a treat.

Dave.

<snip>
I suspect that you have set the crop tool to a specific size, or ratio by mistake. Look at its Options Bar, just above the Image Window, and clear any figures from the "Height" , "Width" or "Resolution" boxes.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections