How? Open file with customised viewing preference??? Going Nuts.

C
Posted By
camo
Mar 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using CS4 and open files via bridge in dual screen mode. Most pallets on 2nd screen & image on 1st screen.

When I open a file it is windowed and only occupies a small percentage of available real estate on 1st screen. I like to work in best full view so once image is open I then press CMD+F (full screen mode with menu bar) and CMD+0 (fit image in window).

Is there a way to automate my viewing preferences so it just sets up the image without the need for the shortcuts? I’ve tried workspace setups but nothing is working for me.

Many thanks if you know!
Cam.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PR
Paul_R
Mar 12, 2009
One way would be to create an action using "Insert Menu Item" to call the functions, once this is created use File – Scripts – Script Events Manager to call this action on open event.
C
camo
Mar 12, 2009
Paul,

Thanks very much. That worked perfectly. I’ve never used scripts but was so close as I had done 1st part of your solution and used that as a shortcut action when loading images (when I really could be bothered).

So my case is closed and will leave this as a permo script. I’ll have to check out this script business, seems there will be lots of other good things I could do!?

Cheers,
Cam.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections