Posted By
David_Remington
Mar 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI,

I am going to be installing CS4. Any problems if I leave CS3?

Thanks,

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
No problem at all. I have 7.0.1, 8, 9.0.2, 10.0.1 and 11.0.1 happily coexisting on my machine. I can run two versions simultaneously by launching the older one first.

One VERY important caveat though: If you later decide to uninstall CS3, do not just put the Photoshop folder in the trash. You MUST use the Adobe Uninstaller for CS3. Since said uninstaller cand and does damage the CS4 installation, if you remove CS3, also remov CS4 through its own uninstaller, the re-install CS4 again.

Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility before and after each installation.
DR
David_Remington
Mar 30, 2009
Thanks Ramon.

–David
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
David,

In addition to Ramón’s comments, if you are absolutely certain you want to uninstall CS3 now, do it before installing CS4. That way, you won’t find yourself reinstalling CS4.

Neil
DR
David_Remington
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Guys,

OK, the install went fine (repair permissions before and after…) PS CS4 runs fine and I have run the updater. Problem is Bridge. I get an error "You can’t open the application "Adobe Bridge CS4" because it is not supported on this architecture. I’ve installed on a 8 core Mac Pro OS x 10.5.6. Any tips for this problem?

In addition to PS CS3 I have Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Lightroom 2 installed. Thanks,

David
R
Ram
Mar 31, 2009
You have a bad install. Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility. Re-install CS4. Repair Permissions once again.
R
Ram
Mar 31, 2009
Did you Repair Permissions before installing CS4 the first time, like I told you in post #4?

Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility before and after each installation.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections