Posted By
gher
Apr 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

Every time I use the brush tool in Photoshop CS4, the feather effect on the brush produces this horrible banding instead of a smooth feathering effect. Also when I click once with the brush tool and then shift click on another spot to create a straight line between the two points, the line produced is kind of bumpy – not the straight line CS3 used to produced.

I have no idea why this is happening and wondered if someone else has experience this and has a solution?

I’m using Mac OS 10.5.5.

Really appreciate any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
PeterK.
Apr 3, 2009
To fix the bumpiness, open the Brushes palette, and click on Brush Tip Shape. Lower the spacing to a smaller percentage.
As for the banding, it could be a monitor calibration issue, or possibly a corrupt preferences file. If you click on the Brush graphic in the options bar, click on the small triangle to bring down the drop-down menu, you can find a "reset tool" option that may help. Failing that, try resetting all photoshop preferences (instructions in link below)

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057d1b>

If you still have problems after that, then it’s likely a monitor problem. Perhaps you could take a screenshot and upload it to pixentral.com, copy the "html" portion and paste it into a message here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections