Closed
"Frederick Shorts" wrote in message
Raymond Owen wrote:
Would anyone be aware of a way of countering Epson’s seemingly
underhanded
way of timing-out their printers?

Mine, being a domestic printer, has had limited use but has suddenly
ceased
operating even though it was operating satisfactorily only a few minutes earlier.

This is nothing new, but in this instance wriggling cables, switch the printer off and on, or even removing and reinstalling the driver
wouldn’t
work . . . kinda like a ‘Logan’s Run’ scenario.

This printer has alway been deceitful . . . I used to go through
countless
cartridges till I decided to give it a ‘dummy’ cartridge-change run. Whenever the ‘ink-sensing’ program showed the cartridge being empty, I completed the ‘changing-cartridge’ program and it regarded the cartridge
to
be full and was happy to continue working.

I soon realised that most times my cartridges were more than half-full
when
I got the first ‘out of ink’ message . . . so much for Epson’s ‘Intelligent-Ink’ sensor . . . just a lot of deceitful propaganda.
We know that now-and-then someone is jailed for embezzlement or some
other
devious crime against the public, other companies or, heaven forbid, the powers-to-be.

So why are these denizens of deceit still allowed to freely rip us off
at
every opportunity.
Those bastards should be the first ones against the wall when the revolution comes!
=)
A few months ago I heard the authorities in Canada were looking into pressing charges, but I haven’t heard anything since. There was also supposed to be some expose’ documentary, again from Canada, about the underhanded corporate tricks in the printer industry. I never saw it but then I seem to miss everything. ~Doc

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections