DL
Posted By
Dean Lautermilch
Oct 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wanted to get adobe.photoshop.elements added to my Supernews account but they said it was a private group only on Adobe servers and I could not post messages. Yet I see the group and one post I made on my Bellsouth account and I see the group in Google.

So can anyone read this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Falcon
Oct 12, 2004
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:21:42 -0400, "Dean Lautermilch" wrote:

I wanted to get adobe.photoshop.elements added to my Supernews account but they said it was a private group only on Adobe servers and I could not post messages. Yet I see the group and one post I made on my Bellsouth account and I see the group in Google.

So can anyone read this?

This newsgroup is not the same as the forums on the Adobe site. The forum conversations used to show up here but apparently Adobe turned off that feature so all the main traffic is now on the forum. If you want to see the forums you have to go to the Adobe website and sign up as a member to access the forum.

Ciao,
Falcon
T
thisisbogus
Oct 17, 2004
In article <TqFad.74426$>, "Dean
Lautermilch" wrote:

So can anyone read this?

Sure. 🙂
I see you here as a Usenet newsgroup. Posts from the Adobe group used to be mirrored here (I hope that’s the right term.) Sometime back (couple months?) they stopped the Usenet duplication. What you see here are posts on Usenet. These posts don’t appear on the Adobe site. You can still read (and post to) the group through Adobe’s web interface, through their site, OR you can add their server to your list. As far as it being a private group and an inability to post, I’m not sure about what exactly that means. If you sign up for the Adobe user forums via adobe.com, you can read and post through their web interface (cumbersome for me) or you can read and post via your newsreader. I don’t know how Supernews works.

If you have a dedicated newsreader (I use NewsWatcher on a Mac), maybe Agent or Free Agent (a Forte product), you can configure it to read the Adobe user forums. Enter adobeforums.com as the name of the server whose groups you want to read. You need a user name (the one you used to sign up at the Adobe website and password.)

So, have I confused you enough yet? I’ve confused myself.

Here’s what I posted about a month (9-21-04) ago here in response to someone else.

"I don’t use Agent, but I’m guessing that somewhere you find the place where you have server information entered. In NewsWatcher (a Mac reader), there’s a menu item called "special". In that menu there’s a choice for news servers. I click on that and get a window that lets me enter a new server. Enter adobeforums.com. Then I have to enter a user name and a password. The user name and password are the ones I use to log into the adobe forums via their web interface. Perhaps that has to be first established?

From the list of groups on the adobeforums.com server, I chose the ones I want to read and saved them as a file.

Now, all I do is open my newsreader and choose the saved groups file. The window opens with the name of the groups and the number of messages. A double click opens a window with all the headers and I read – or don’t – at will."

-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!. "Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power." -Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections