S
Posted By
Stinkweed
Dec 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply sets in the drive and does nothing. The drive works, I have installed other things. Can anyone tell me why this is not installing, what I am not doing right? This windows system was in the computer, I didn’t install it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
postman delivers
Dec 27, 2004
"Stinkweed" wrote in message
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply sets in the drive and does nothing. The drive works, I have installed
other
things. Can anyone tell me why this is not installing, what I am not
doing
right? This windows system was in the computer, I didn’t install it.
Hi Stinkweed,

Wow, that is a new one, the disk is recognized but will not open?

When you look at the CD in windows explorer, or in my computer does the CD drive provide you with the disk identifier?

Please keep all the wrappings, box and things in case you need to telephone Adobe!

Let me know –

JR the postman
M
mrfss
Dec 27, 2004
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply sets in the drive and does nothing. The drive works, I have installed other things. Can anyone tell me why this is not installing, what I am not doing right? This windows system was in the computer, I didn’t install it.
Have you tried to use "run" from the "start" button and then browse the CD for the "setup" program? Try RUN – SETUP and see if it will start the process. Sometimes CD units need a little jumpstart!
S
Stinkweed
Dec 28, 2004
"postman delivers" wrote in message
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply
sets in the drive and does nothing. The drive works, I have installed
other
doing
Hi Stinkweed,

When you look at the CD in windows explorer, or in my computer does the CD drive provide you with the disk identifier?

Please keep all the wrappings, box and things in case you need to telephone
Adobe!

Let me know –

JR the postman

Found the problem, it was my disk drive, it was no good. I took my computer in today and they just gave me a new computer. BUT I installed the software and it is suppose to be Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0/Adobe Premier Elements and installed it says version 1.0 — is it suppose to say that. It says that on the box all the advertisement but that is the CD that is in it. We ordered it off the internet.
PD
postman delivers
Dec 29, 2004
I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply
other
doing
Hi Stinkweed,

When you look at the CD in windows explorer, or in my computer does the
CD
drive provide you with the disk identifier?

Adobe!

Let me know –

JR the postman

Found the problem, it was my disk drive, it was no good. I took my
computer
in today and they just gave me a new computer. BUT I installed the
software
and it is suppose to be Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0/Adobe Premier
Elements
and installed it says version 1.0 — is it suppose to say that. It says that on the box all the advertisement but that is the CD that is in it.
We
ordered it off the internet.

Stinkweed,

Seem you have an interesting mistake, did Santa order this from Holiday Gift from a reputable seller, hopefully it was not a spam order. I am certain Photoshop Elements 3 does not load as version 1…

obviously you can click on the help menu and then on the drop down menu item about. It will again display the splash screen showing the version you are running, and your serial number.

JR the postman
S
Stinkweed
Dec 29, 2004
other
doing
Hi Stinkweed,

When you look at the CD in windows explorer, or in my computer does the
CD
drive provide you with the disk identifier?

Adobe!

Let me know –

JR the postman

Found the problem, it was my disk drive, it was no good. I took my
computer
in today and they just gave me a new computer. BUT I installed the
software
and it is suppose to be Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0/Adobe Premier
Elements
and installed it says version 1.0 — is it suppose to say that. It says
that on the box all the advertisement but that is the CD that is in it.
We
ordered it off the internet.

Stinkweed,

Seem you have an interesting mistake, did Santa order this from Holiday Gift
from a reputable seller, hopefully it was not a spam order. I am certain Photoshop Elements 3 does not load as version 1…

obviously you can click on the help menu and then on the drop down menu item
about. It will again display the splash screen showing the version you are
running, and your serial number.

JR the postman

I got that problem solved too. I got the combination pack of Adobe Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements 3.0. I had installed the Premier Elements and evidently it was the first edition of this and that is why it said 1.0 it is for editing moving clips from your camera or cam corder. to a CD. I got so involved with it, that I neglected to install the last CD and it was the Photoshop Elements 3.0. I have messed with it some and I do believe that I am really going to love it. I love that one tool where it just wiped something out of the picture. It really works, I haven’t done any fine work with it yet, I just messed with removing some rocks from a picture last night and presto, they were gone. Sorry about all this, but it all turned out well and it was certainly another learning experience for me.
W
Weezer
Jan 22, 2005
did you shut down any and all other opened programs after you booted up your computer and before you tried to installed APE 3?

I received Adobe Photoshop Elements/Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for Christmas. I am running Windows XP lp2 and it will not install, it simply sets in the drive and does nothing. The drive works, I have installed
other
doing

S
Stinkweed
Jan 27, 2005
Weezer, I’m sorry I haven’t been here for awhile. I found the problem, my C drive was faulty and beings it was a new computer they just gave me a new one. That is why it wouldn’t install.

"Weezer" wrote in message
did you shut down any and all other opened programs after you booted up your
computer and before you tried to installed APE 3?

other
doing

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections