Posted By
Roy
Feb 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

I suspect that since it last worked correctly, you have installed the Nikon Software. These add plug-ins which take over from your Elements Plug-In. Go to C > Program Files > Adobe > PSE > Plugins > File Formats and remove the 2 Nikon Files, you could save them somewhere else, or just delete them.

Try again, and you will again have the much more useful Adobe conversion screen back.

Roy G

"The lanczar" wrote in message
My Elements 3 raw editor suddently changed. Instead of a the normal RAW editor with all of the adjustments (histograms, tint, exposure, brightness etc) I get this little editor that only has a white balance and exposure slide. (see attached) What did I do and how do I get the RAW editor back?
Thanks
The Lanczar

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MD
Mike Davis
Mar 12, 2005
To any and all that had this problem … Don’t know if Roy’s solution worked for you. I had the same problem after updating my Nikon Capture to the latest version. While I did fine a file in the folder Roy refers to, deleting it didn’t solve the problem. A little further investigation found another Nikon plug-in file called "Nikon NEF Plugin" in the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Plug-Ins\Editor Only\File Formats. Deleting both this and the file Roy refers to solved the problem for me.

Mike D
BC, Canada

If you wish to respond personally, change the .nit to .net in my email address.

"Roy" wrote in message
Hi.

I suspect that since it last worked correctly, you have installed the Nikon Software. These add plug-ins which take over from your Elements Plug-In.
Go to C > Program Files > Adobe > PSE > Plugins > File Formats and remove the 2 Nikon Files, you could save them somewhere else, or just delete them.

Try again, and you will again have the much more useful Adobe conversion screen back.

Roy G

"The lanczar" wrote in message
My Elements 3 raw editor suddently changed. Instead of a the normal RAW editor with all of the adjustments (histograms, tint, exposure, brightness etc) I get this little editor that only has a white balance and exposure slide. (see attached) What did I do and how do I get the RAW editor back?

Thanks
The Lanczar

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections