Posted By
jacques_Prat
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bonjour,
Comment faire pour que les fichiers s’ouvrent en miniatures et pas enliste ou icones sans passer chaques fois par la fonction affichage
Merci pour le renseignement

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 25, 2005
I thought I’d take a stab at answering Jacques’ post, but this is what Babelfish says he’s saying:

Hello, How to make so that the files open in miniatures and not enlist or icons without passing chaques times by the function Merci posting for the information

Since I’m unclear on the exact question, I’ll go back to my corner and defer to someone who does not have to use Babelfish to understand the post.

*sigh*
HM
Hope_Melnick
Apr 26, 2005
Thank you for your reply, Colin. I have tried your suggestion to no avail, several times. And I have also tried re-booting after going through the "drill". Please let me know if you can think of anything else! Hope
HM
Hope_Melnick
Apr 26, 2005
Bonjour Jacques! Sorry but I do not read French at all. But thank you for your reply. Hope
HM
Hope_Melnick
Apr 26, 2005
Indeed, I have heard other "translations" by babblefish, Byron! I guess we only hear of the ones that come out gibberish… like this one. But thank you for your attempt to decipher Jacques message. I shall wait patiently.. or whatever… with the positive attitude that someone will be able to help me. Hope
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 26, 2005
Hope

First, let’s go through the ways [I can think of 3 offhand] that you can open an image in PSE:

1) Find an image in Windows Explorer, My Computer or on the Desktop and double-click on it.

2) Open PSE, then find an image as in (1) and drag it into PSE.

3) Open PSE and use File/Open.

Can you confirm that all of these misbehave?
With (3), excatly what happens at each point?
G
GrampaHugs
Apr 26, 2005
Hi Hope,

PE loads with the initiating program flower screen…. and then goes to the welcome screen with the "browse" option, etc. The tools are displayed on the left, as usual, the menu bar is on the top, as usual, and when I try to browse to bring up a photo in any way, the only other thing on my screen is the desktop….. no photo, no document (picture), and no empty document.

It sounds to me like you dragged the bottom of the workspace up to the tool bar.

Does ot look like this:
http://grampahugs.ath.cx/challenge/elements/noworkspace.jpg

Set your cursor to the bottom of the tool bar & if you get a grab arrow drag it down or goto the square between the _ & X and maximize elements.

Alex
HM
Hope_Melnick
Apr 29, 2005
To the Knights In Shining Armor who came to my rescue, Colin, Jacques, Byron, and Alex. My husband and I thank you for your time and expertise. He especially, ‘cause he had to live with a very unhappy wife…. and me, well, I just do not seem to be able to live without my “toys” once I learn how they work.

The “fix” that worked was Alex’s suggestion. I studied that top part of the screen and did a few “tests”… and indeed found a “line” on which I was able to bring up the double arrow. I dragged it down…. and VOILA! the proper background came into view.

I have tried it all out, and my saved jpegs came up, as well as a photo (file) I had downloaded to a floppy. So it looks as though I am back in business.

Now the next question is, “How did I get that up under the tool bar?”

(Though should that happen again, I will know what to do, but the trick is to NOT let it happen again. )

Again, many thanks……. and sincere appreciation. Hopes
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 29, 2005
What I am surprised about is that my initial suggestion – to reset prefs – did not fix this. Did you get the dialog confirming that you were cool about doing the reset? If not, you didn’t catch the key sequence at the right moment.
G
GrampaHugs
Apr 29, 2005
Hi Hope,

Glad I could help.

Now the next question is, “How did I get that up under the tool bar?”

I knew it could happen because the ‘no work space’ question was asked here before & I duplicated what was described to figure out the ‘cure’.

There are probably a few ways it could happen. It could be caused by a sticky mouse button when going to close the program or draging the bottom up to see what is underneath & forgetting to drag it back down.

Alex,
HM
Hope_Melnick
Apr 30, 2005
Hi Colin,
It took me a number of times before I was able to get any dialog box….. but finally "hit" the right speed to get up a box that only said "yes" or "no". I did this two times, to no avail. Perhaps I was doing something wrong…. or, as you say, missed the sequence or another dialog box.
Hope
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 30, 2005
Hope, try having your fingers already on the keys (Control, Alt, and Shift) as you’re hitting the start up icon. That’s what I have to do, because I’m just not fast enough. You should be getting a message asking if you want to delete the Settings, then say Yes.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 30, 2005
Hope, are you saying you are getting an empty dialog box with no text? If so, it sounds like maybe your troubles are due to the Windows appearance theme you’re using. There are known conflicts between PE and some of them. Try changing your theme to the Windows default if this happens again.
MS
Mark_Sand
May 1, 2005
Hope,
I’ve had a similar problem where my File Browser window somehow ends up either entirely off the screen or mostly off but so far that I can’t click the title bar to drag it back. To fix this I simply open any image via File->Open and then do Window->Images->Tile. This might also have fixed your problem.

Mark
HM
Hope_Melnick
May 2, 2005
Thanks for the tip, Mark. I am making a "collection" of fixes suggested in the event I find myself in a similar predicament. Your replying is most appreciated.
Hope
HM
Hope_Melnick
May 2, 2005
Thanks for the reply, Barbara. Actually I was not getting a dialog box…. I only had the tool bar and menu bar…. and my desktop.
When I dragged on the "line" I found, it brought down the usual and customery Photoshop screen. I will keep your fix in my file of suggestions, however, for future reference, should I need it.
Your response is truly appreciated.
Hope
TR
Terry_Rutland
May 3, 2005
Can anyone help me with my problem, which is:- I am using Elements 2, when I have more than one image in the window and only one is active (of course) that one is in the Layers Pallette, if I activate another image the first image dissapears from the layers pallette and the new active image appears. I cant seam to get more than one image in the Layers Pallette at one time. Hope someone can help. Terry
CW
Colin_Walls
May 3, 2005
Terry

This is really a new topic …

The layers palette always reflects the currently active image. That’s the way it is with all variants of PS. What do you want to do?
HM
Hope_Melnick
May 3, 2005
Hi Terry,
I’m far from being experienced with Elements, but I was under the impression, but if you mean that you have an additional "image" or "file" up, the pallette will only show the active image/picture. Hopefully others who really know what they are doing can shed some light on this for you.
Hope
TR
Terry_Rutland
May 11, 2005
Hi Colin & Hope, Appologies for late reply but I had to go away for a few days. Thanks for your reply`s. I think I`ve discovered the problem. It was only rearing its ugly head with three particular images which I suppose must have been corrupt so I deleted them and started again. Thanks all the same for your help. Terry
HM
Hope_Melnick
May 11, 2005
Hi Terry,
glad to hear your up and ruinning. It is sooooo frustrating when our toys don’t work! Hope

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections