SK
Posted By
Sandra_Kam
May 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! I have Windows XP with 3.0 and just recently I have no Print Preview. It goes right into printing without a preview. Thank you for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 7, 2005
It should be in your printer preferences. On the ‘Main’ tab page there is a ‘print preview’ in which you can check or uncheck.
SK
Sandra_Kam
May 7, 2005
I have the "print preview" always checked.
SK
Sandra_Kam
May 7, 2005
I don’t know if this would matter, but I’ve installed a Wacom tablet recently.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 7, 2005
Well I don’t have one of those so perhaps someone who does can catch a link.
J
JG1
May 8, 2005
I have a Wacom Intuos 2 Tablet installed and the print preview is always automatically visible in the Print Dialog box that appears when I click on "Print" under the "File" drop down menu in PSE3 Editor. So, I don’t think the Wacom install is the culprit. However, I am not sure what is causing yours not to appear. Sorry. If you strongly suspect your particular model of Wacom is causing the problem I suggest that it wouldn’t hurt to check the Wacom Support website for FAQs and the most up to date drivers for your tablet at… <http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm>
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 8, 2005
Sandra & Jodi :

Are we talking about Photoshop Elements 3.0’s File / Print, which always bring a Preview window, or as Jodi’s post suggest, a Windows printer driver setting that brings a Printer Preview ?

If it’s in PSE, I checked and couldn’t see a setting about disabling the Print Preview. It must be then a Windows thing.

Ray
CW
Colin_Walls
May 8, 2005
PSE 3 Editor always shows a print preview. It’s what you get when you do File/Print… and cannot be disabled. After that, when you click the Print button, everything depends upon your printer [driver].

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections