BM
Posted By
barbara_mcnamara
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone….I am hoping that someone out there can pleeeeese help me.

I created a fantastic slideshow for my Brownie Troop. I burned it to a CD-R…the playback quality was not great (but I have a very cheap DVD player).

My problem is that I need to burn 26 copies!!!!! When I hit "Burn to a CD" it begins the very, very slow process of "writing as a WMV file"….then burns the CD.

I guess my question is…..does it have to go thru that process for every copy????? I’m afraid of changing any of the preferences since I have over 100 photos…and I’m afraid of loosing the entire project.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks 🙂 Barbara

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
Jim_J
May 9, 2005
How long is it taking? Is it the actual burn time that is taking a long time? Have you set the burn to as fast as possible… option? If you see that it is taking a while for the software to prepare to burn, that is one thing… but if the burner is slow… that is beyond what you can control.

Cheers
BM
barbara_mcnamara
May 9, 2005
Hi Jim…thanks for getting back to me. It’s taking about 30 minutes to write/convert to the "WMV file"…..the actual burning only takes a few minutes.

I am wondering….under file should I output as a wmv file…..then burn????

I’m getting hung up on this wmv thing, which I don’t even understand…

Thanks…Barbara
PS I am using a new hp notebook
BG
Byron Gale
May 9, 2005
Have you considered using external CD-burning software (Roxio, Nero, etc.) to simply copy the CD?
BM
barbara_mcnamara
May 9, 2005
I would….but with Girl Scouts I have a very limited budget and can not justify spending anymore since this is my second packaged software, I had to get cds, labels, jewel boxes etc…26 Brownies in all…..
Barbara
JH
Jim_Hess
May 9, 2005
Your CD burner most likely came with a software package that includes a CD copy utility. You should be able to use it to make copies of your VCD and about two minutes.
BG
Byron Gale
May 9, 2005
I strongly suspect that you already have software which can help you…

If you bought the computer with the CD burner included, the software was probably already preinstalled for you.

If you bought the CD burner as an add-in, you probably received a CD or two with it, one of which will have the software.

In either case, it is standard to include a "light" version of software – and I would expect that what ever you received will be able to make a disc copy.
BM
barbara_mcnamara
May 9, 2005
Ok….I have a built in cd burner…the software is Record Now (Sonic)…here’s the really stupid question….Where is my slideshow saved???

I can only access the file via the aps3 program. I know it’s somewhere else…not in my docs, my pix etc…

Once in the aps3 there is no option to burn via another software package.

BTW…."Record Now" asks if the material is a data file or audio file. I have 100+ pictures and 3 songs….

Thanks for any help….
barbara (Panic-ed Brownie leader to 26 second graders….)
BG
Byron Gale
May 9, 2005
Barbara,

I have Sonic "RecordNow!" v7 (basic) on my laptop.

When I open the program, one of the "projects" is "Exact Copy". That is what I think will work best for you.

After selecting Exact Copy, set the From and To devices to your CD-R drive. (unless you have an additional CD drive in your computer, then you could set the From device to the read-only drive, and the To drive to your burner)

Then click the Copy button. RecordNow! creates an image of the CD on your hard drive, and prompts you for a blank CD when ready. When you’ve created your first copy, there will be a button available for you to create another copy, which won’t require re-reading the original back in – so will save that time.

I would recommend taking the first duplicate and testing it in your DVD player before creating more copies, just in case…

If you have a different version of RecordNow!, your options may vary in arrangement and nomenclature, but the functionality should be there.

HTH,

Byron
BH
Beth_Haney
May 9, 2005
Barbara, do you remember the name of the CD? Do a Search for it, and it should turn up.

Or, when you create a slideshow (I don’t have Organizer, so I don’t know how it works), at what point do you Save it? Do you get a screen where you can type in the name? If so, see if you can pretend to create another one, but instead of completing the save, just look at the location that the new one says it’s going to be saved to. The first one is probably in the same place. Then cancel out of the save.
O
o3v3tz
May 9, 2005
Beth,

For what Barbara McNamara is attempting to do – make a copy – I think that Byron’s suggestion (posted just prior to yours) of using Record Now to copy from one CD to another CD will work better.

This is because I don’t think that PSE 3 Organizer saves a hard drive image in the VCD (MPEG-1) format that is the same as burned to the CD.

Barb Olson
BH
Beth_Haney
May 10, 2005
I hope she understood that from his post, because I didn’t. 🙂
BM
barbara_mcnamara
May 10, 2005
OMG…it worked like a charm….thank you soooooo much!!!! I tried it in my craapy dvd player and it is actually a much better playback…and most importantly…I am burning the cd’s at about 2 min. a piece…maybe less…..much better than 40 minutes…for 26 of them!!!!!!

Thank you 🙂 Great advice all around!!!!!
Barbara
BG
Byron Gale
May 10, 2005
wrote
…it worked like a charm….

Yahoo!!! (not THAT Yahoo…)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections