SS
Posted By
sheila_stevens
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use photshop elements 3.0 on an HP psc 1210v, using Windows XP. I have always gottne good quality, but now, all the sudden, anything I try tp print from Adobe comes out washed out looking. I can print the same thing from other programs and they look fine. I am still learing how to use Photoshop, but I have don equite a bit with it. I am not able to figure out what the problem is. I have tried changing the resolution, nothing changes. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 14, 2005
Sheila,

The thing to try first when anything changes in Elements without apparent reason is to reset Preferences.

With Elements closed go to C:\Documents and Settings\ [user] \Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements (where [user] is replaced with your user name). Rename the folder 3.0 to 3.0.old. Then start Elements and the Preferences will be rebuilt to their default.

If that doesn’t work come back with a little more information. Are you printing from Editor or Organizer or, perhaps, you have recently changed from one to the other? Not sure it matters but what is your printer?

Bob
SS
sheila_stevens
May 17, 2005
Thanks. I’m not sure if that took care of it or if I just did something different, but the pictures are fine now. I appreciate you help.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 18, 2005
Sheila,

For some reason preferences get corrupted in all versions of Elements and cause all kinds of strange behavior so the first thing to try is the reset.

Glad it, or something, worked. 🙂

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections