SZ
Posted By
Steven_Zig
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A picture of a negative I can use. I want to insert a picture in the negative to use for a scrap book I am working on.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TM
Tom Murray 1
May 20, 2005
Can you just invert an image that you have?
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 20, 2005
Maybe I was not clear, sorry. I want to get a picture of a negative you get when you develope 35mm film and then just put the new pic in there and print it
JJ
Jim_J
May 20, 2005
Steven,

To be clear,… so you have a negative that you want to bring in and edit as an image and then print it?

You can do this with a scanner if you have a scanner capable of scanning negatives. This is quite common.

If you want to create "negative image" or bring it into PSE as a negative and convert it… follow the previous advice.

Cheers
R
Roy
May 20, 2005
wrote in message
Maybe I was not clear, sorry. I want to get a picture of a negative you get when you develope 35mm film and then just put the new pic in there and print it

Take an old piece of film, neg or slide, and scan in a flatbed.

Then manipulate to get the effect you want.

Roy G
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 20, 2005
No , I am sorry. I have a digital picture I want to put in a negative strip with the holes on each side. I have seen this effect done someplace but cant find it. If I do come accross it I will show it here.
CW
Colin Walls
May 20, 2005
Are you just looking for an image that includes the sprocket holes along the edge of the image?
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 20, 2005
Yes,that is what I am looking for and if you might be able to tell me how to do it 😉
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 20, 2005
I have seen this done by someone for a Challenge entry.
And I saw it in a book.
Maybe they will respond.

Other than that;
You could scan a piece of film then insert your own neg. image.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2005
Here’s one already made :

http://www.escrappers.com/filesframes.html

On 20/05/05 9:09 AM, in , « Tom Murray 1 »
wrote :

I have seen this done by someone for a Challenge entry.
And I saw it in a book.
Maybe they will respond.

Other than that;
You could scan a piece of film then insert your own neg. image.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2005
Sorry to have quoted the entire message (don’t want to upset any member here). I hit the wrong key combination and discovered the Send Right Away function 🙂

So, about my previous message… Around middle of the page, you’ll find a template in PNG (Photoshop Elements can open these). You’ll be able to open it and place your own picture(s) in it.

Hope this helps!

Ray
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 20, 2005
Thank you very much
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 20, 2005
Ray,
Where does one install the download?
Ken
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 20, 2005
The straight one, that I downloaded does not have to be installed. Just navigate to it with the File Browser and bring it up in Elements to use.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 20, 2005
Thanks, Tom
Ken
BP
brendon_pascoe
May 23, 2005
wrote:
Thanks, Tom
Ken

Creating your own negative slide – Just to add my 2c – although a little late – I found an extension to do this from somewhere – can’t remember where – (its nesteled in my bookmarks somewhere) – but if anyone else is interested – I can dig it out if they want – and it’s free – its an action as I recall (extensions are for Dreamweaver duh!)

Cheers
Brendon
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 23, 2005
I am interested.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 23, 2005
Steven,

Unless you have Photoshop you probably will not be able to use most of the film strip actions … but here is a link to one if you want to see if its the sort of thing you are interested in.

< http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=10 361&back=http%3A%2F%2Fshare%2Estudio%2Eadobe%2Ecom%2FaxQ uickSearchSubmit%2Easp%3Ftxt%3Dpanos%26allprods%3D0>

If you do want to make it yourself then take a look at this tutorial … In step 8 he shows you how to do it:

<http://www.timshelbourne.com/2quarter.htm>

Wendy
SZ
Steven_Zig
May 23, 2005
That is exactly wha I want to do.. So I can’t do it with elements 3?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 23, 2005
Steven …

The action will not work in elements … I would suggest that you follow the tutorial and use it to make a template. Then, for the future, you will be able to simple insert images into your template.

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections