CL
Posted By
Carl_Lulka
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi how do I save the changes made through the Masking mode. I don’t seem able to get out this mode without loosing all my adjustments.
I select the portion I want.
Go to the brush function.
Invert or not as needed.
Then ?; how do I combine the changes and leave the Mask mode?

I not sure what I’m doing, Any Help?

Thanks
Carl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
Please define "masking mode"?
Are you referring to making selections with the selection brush? If so, you can save a selection in a PSD file.
Perhaps you can clarify. Take us step by step through what you’re doing.
CL
Carl_Lulka
May 22, 2005
Sorry,
I guess I’m not very clear about what I mean by Marking Mode. I’m attempting to make corrections to one specific portion of a photo. I’m going through the following steps:
Selection tool, Elliptical Marquee Tool, to aquuire the needed portion of an image. Setting the feather to about 30 on the option bar.
Selecting the Brush Tool and sizing it.
Selecting the option Mask in the Mode box.
The image now is red in the selected portion.

I will make whatever correction I think necessary.
Now how do I get out of this process and still save the corrections I have made to the image? Thanks Agian
Carl
CW
Colin Walls
May 23, 2005
I think you are misunderstanding the function of the Selection Brush. If you have made a selection using a marquee tool, you can use the selection brush to make changes to that selection. Normal mode means where you "paint" is selected; mask mode means wheer you paint is deselected [you can get the same effect by holding down ALT]. At the end, parts of your image are selected and this is shown by the "marching ants".

If you make adjustments to your image – e.g. brightness and contrast – it will only affect the selected areas.

I am not at all sure what you mean by:

how do I get out of this process

If you have the selection brush in mask mode, choosing any other tool will revert the display to a "normal" selection.

Do come back if more explanation is needed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections