J
Posted By
JimBennett
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I will be buying Elements 3.0. I have do a wee bit of photo editing with an older version of Paint Shop Pro. I found it cumbersome and have only heard good things about element 3.0.

My questions have to do with training.
1.Does it come with a manual and good help?
2.Would you recommend any books adobe sells or other books?
3.Are there any good sources for online training to compliment the ones Adobe provides.

Any input would be appreciated. I have tons of old photos that could use some help and just got a new Canon 20D and will be getting many more photos that will no doubt require some editing. I have never use the RAW format before.

Thanks,
Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 26, 2005
Jim,

PE3 includes a very basic getting started guide but no manual as such. I find the Help facility pretty good.

This thread will give you info on books:

nigel rogers, "New to Photoshop 3.0. Need help!" #8, 25 May 2005 11:56 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/7>

The Scott Kelby book referred to is titled "The Photoshop Elements 3 Book for Digital Photographers" and can be found on Amazon. I have it and have found it very helpful. You don’t mention which platform you will be on but if Windows which has the Organizer "Organize Your Photos with Adobe Photoshop Elements 3" by Michael Slater appears to be the best on that subject.

For online study my recommendation is this:

<http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm>

Don’t be concerned that he has not caught up with PE3. The principles are the same.

This forum will answer just about any question you come up with and no question is too basic or dumb here.

Bob
O
o3v3tz
May 26, 2005
Adding

The arraich.com site does also offer PE3 information. There is a course ebook on Elements 3 for Windows available for purchase. It is geared for beginners in Elements and has detailed step by step instructions. See

< http://arraich.com/elements/pse3_aaMAINElementarySchool1.htm>

(I have no connection to the author and gain no financial benefit if you purchase this course.)

Barb Olson

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections