AS
Posted By
Alex_Stavro
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Installed successfully but Im missing things. Under Styles & Effects I have Layer Styles but if I select Effects or Filters there is nothing there.
Under Filter I only have Adjustments, Blur, Noise, Pixelate, Sharpen, Stylize and Other.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 7, 2005
Alex,

First thing … have you tried deleting the prefs file?

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Apple, Alt and Shift keys. Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

See if that helps 🙂

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 7, 2005
You probably need to reinstall. Do you have any antivirus or any Norton products? If so they must be disabled when you install. I would also repair permissions before the reinstall.

In addition to deleting the application folder, delete com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist (you may not have that one), the PE 3 prefs folder and the PE 3 Paths folder. The last three are in your home/library/preferences folder.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections