Posted By
Marie_Maier
Sep 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Marie_Maier
Sep 5, 2007
As a teacher, I obtained the "Educational Versions" of whatever Adobe software I used. Now, I’d like to update both my PS and AI 10 to Photoshop CS 3 and AI CS 3.

Adobe Sales says I can install the "upgrade" versions of both and the fact that the previous software is EV will not impede it’s installation.

Before I order both of these, I’d like to be SURE that installation of them will not be rejected because of their past designation as EV. If anyone has knowledge to this fact I’d appreciate receiving it!

THanks much……
JO
Jim_Oblak
Sep 5, 2007
Are you still a teacher? I have found it cheaper to buy the full educational version for a new release than to buy the commercial upgrade. I have not compared full educational prices with commercial upgrade prices since CS3 came out though. You can go either way if you are still a teacher.
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 5, 2007
Marie

I had the educational versions of PS version 7, and was able to upgrade to non educational versions of CS1. You should have no problem going to CS3.

(As Jim mentioned, it was cheaper for me to go to CS3 by purchasing the educational Extended Suite.)
MM
Marie_Maier
Sep 5, 2007
Thank you both. How can the "full ed version" be cheaper than the upgrade?

I’m not sure what the "extented suite" is, but I’ll look it up. The only programs I’m really interested in updating are PS and AI.

I hope the "extras" that constantly showed up on every page from PS 7 are finally gone……..
JO
Jim_Oblak
Sep 5, 2007
How can the "full ed version" be cheaper than the upgrade?

From adobe.com, you can upgrade to PSCS3 Extended for $349.

From creationengine.com, you can buy another new, full educational license for only $295. If I were looking at CS3 Extended, I’d just buy another license instead of upgrading.

Of course, you can also upgrade to the plain PSCS3 version at adobe.com for only $199.

You’ll need to explore the options of the suite vs. the individual apps (and also plain vs. extended) to see the best option for your own needs.
MM
Marie_Maier
Sep 5, 2007
Thanks Jim— I need to have whatever PS program will work very well with Illustrator. I thought getting the plain CS3 of both would be a good start and add more, if needed later.

Thanks so much for the info. I’m just glad that installation will not be a problem with/over the previous ED version. I hope a few more people might verify that theirs was a successful ad as well…..

I appreciate the info, thanks much……..mm
JO
Jim_Oblak
Sep 6, 2007
If you buy the plain Photoshop and Illustrator upgrades from adobe.com, you pay $398 ($199 each).

If you buy the entire educational version of the Creative Suite from an educational vendor, you’ll get Photoshop Extended (that’s better than a plain Photoshop upgrade), Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc for the same price (maybe even saving a buck or two at $395 with some vendors).

The only problem with buying the suite is that you cannot upgrade individual apps from it at a later time. If you want to upgrade in the future, you will need to upgrade the entire suite. However, if you are an educational ‘lifer’, you can see how cheap it is to simply buy a new suite instead of upgrading two individual apps.

I hope a few more people might verify that theirs was a successful ad as well…..

I’m not sure what you are seeking. Adobe already told you that you can do it. What more would you expect from strangers in a forum?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections