C
Posted By
Carole
Jun 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went to the Photoshop Elements summit this past weekend. One of the projects he showed us was how to take a photo, enlarge the canvas area so that there was white all around, and then add a thin line around the photo to create a mat effect. I thought I had written down all the steps. He said to create a new layer, select the area that you wanted the border to appear, and then edit stroke selection. He said to use 1 pixel and inside. When I did this, I only got the line on the top and the left. What am I doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Roy
Jun 20, 2005
"Carole" wrote in message
I went to the Photoshop Elements summit this past weekend. One of the projects he showed us was how to take a photo, enlarge the canvas area so that there was white all around, and then add a thin line around the photo to create a mat effect. I thought I had written down all the steps. He said to create a new layer, select the area that you wanted the border to appear, and then edit stroke selection. He said to use 1 pixel and inside. When I did this, I only got the line on the top and the left. What am I doing wrong?

Hi.

As usual that described way is far from the only one.

What I do is Enlarge Canvas, with white. Then enlarge Canvas again, by a very small amount using whatever colour I want for the line, and then Enlarge again with more white.

Roy G
R
Roy
Jun 20, 2005
"Carole" wrote in message

Hi again

I should have said that the easiest way is with the "Relative" box ticked.

Roy G
C
Carole
Jun 20, 2005
Roy wrote:

Hi again

I should have said that the easiest way is with the "Relative" box ticked.
Roy G

Thanks, Roy! I’ll give it a try 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections