GW
Posted By
Greg Waas
Nov 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I find that when I use the "lasso select" to select and then rotate an object, it leaves a line in the final picture after the object has been rotated. Does anyone know why this occurs and what can be done to avoid it? (Erasing or cloning over the lines doesn’t work all that well in some cases and can be quite labor intensive.)

Thanks much–

Greg

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CK
Charles Kerekes
Nov 21, 2005
Greg,

What version of PSE are you using? What does the line look like–in the shape of the selection, straight? Have a sample image on the web we could look at?

Charlie

http://FlyingSamPhoto.com
Got digital photos? Show them off!
TN
Tesco News
Nov 21, 2005
"Greg Waas" wrote in message
I find that when I use the "lasso select" to select and then rotate an object, it leaves a line in the final picture after the object has been rotated. Does anyone know why this occurs and what can be done to avoid it? (Erasing or cloning over the lines doesn’t work all that well in some cases and can be quite labor intensive.)

Thanks much–

Greg
Hi.

When selecting the Lasso Tool, you should set it to feather the edges. How much, depends on the original image resolution, and is a "try and see".

It might also help to increase the size of the selection by using the " Free Transform" command.

Roy G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections