cp
Jan 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello. need help here.
I’m making a banner for a website using photoshop 7.0
I make the canvas the correct size and everything.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool (i like to use the gradiant tool) it doesn’t change the color in the forground and back ground boxes. will double click on the far left box and find a color i like and then it wont’ change it to that color it will only change it to a darker or lighter color grey. what am i missing. why can’t i change the colors???
please help me..
thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Charley
Jan 18, 2006
You need to change to "color mode" to get colors. If you opened your photo in B/W mode that’s all you will be able to pick from until you change modes.

Charley

"cp" wrote in message
hello. need help here.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool (i like to use the gradiant tool) it doesn’t change the color in the forground and back ground boxes. will double click on the far left box and find a color i like and then it wont’ change it to that color it will only change it to a darker or lighter color grey. what am i missing. why can’t i change the colors???
please help me..
thank you
P
Paul
Apr 25, 2006
CP,
It sounds as though youre openning the new canvas in the wrong mode. I have both PS7 and CS on two differebt machines and do not have a problem with either when working in RGB. If you are working in grey scale or CMKY then tese can affect the features of some buttons/commands.

Regards

Paul

"cp" wrote in message
hello. need help here.
please help me..
thank you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections