H
Posted By
HH
Aug 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PSE 4 and to this newsgroup, and my question is very basic. In PSE 2, I could retrieve an image from a folder and work on it, then save it to the folder, and close the file. The image would disappear from the PSE 2 window. In PSE 4, I can download an image from my camera or retrieve it from a folder and manipulate it in the Organizer, including adding tags. But I simply cannot discover how to remove the picture from the Organizer. Do I select "Export to Computer"? If not, then what?

I notice at the top of the Organizer/Photo Browser window a grayed reference to My Catalog.psa. Does this mean that the pictures in the Organizer/Photo Browser are resident temporarily in a file called My Catalog.psa? If so, it would make sense to select Delete from Catalog to remove the pictures from the Organizer? To avoid the loss of tags, should I click first on File|Write Tag Info to Files?

A related question: In PSE 2, when one tried to close an image file that had been manipulated, a window asked whether one wished to save the changes. Will that sort of window pop up in PSE 4 to remind one to save changes before removing the images? I haven’t seen it. In fact, I haven’t seen Save option. After manipulating, are changes automatically saved?

Another related question: before installing PSE 4, I already had my pictures organized in subfolders in the My Pictures folder. Now, when I download pictures from my digital camera, then work on them in PSE 4, I don’t understand how to save the pictures to the proper subfolder in My Pictures. I assume that the PSE 4 "Collection" is equivalent to one of these subfolders, but since I already have about three dozen subfolders, filled with pictures, I am reluctant to abandon this sort of organization. Thus my question: how do I save the manipulated pictures from the Organizer to the subfolders in My Pictures?

HH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections