B
Posted By
BRH
Nov 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card into Windows XP’s "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on my C: drive.

I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D: Drive.

Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card into Windows XP’s "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on my C: drive.

I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D: Drive.

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Just drag it from "My Documents" to the other Drive.

Windows may, every so often, remake a "My Pictures" Folder in "C :", but you just delete the unwanted new one.

Roy G
B
BRH
Nov 4, 2006
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Windows may, every so often, remake a "My Pictures" Folder in "C :", but you just delete the unwanted new one.

Roy G
By doing this, will PSE know to load any newly downloaded photos to that new location?

If not, how do I arrange for it to do that?

Thanks!
JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 4, 2006
BRH wrote:
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Roy G
By doing this, will PSE know to load any newly downloaded photos to that new location?

Thanks!

I think I would make the new folder (call it anything you would like) on the new drive and than tell PSE to move the files. It may take a little while but it should get its index right.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Roy G

Thanks!

Hi.

Don’t know the answer.

I only ever copy, or drag, from the card into the Date Folder I created.

I don’t have any Photo program open when doing so

That way all my RAW files have the original Camera allocated name (DSC 1355.NEF).

I don’t use any of the so called organisers provided by any Photo Program, or any other Program. Except of course for previwing the contents of the folders.

Roy G
S
stevev
Nov 4, 2006
BRH wrote:

Thanks!

This may help:> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310147
B
BRH
Nov 5, 2006
stevev wrote:
BRH wrote:

Thanks!

This may help:> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310147
That worked for me. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections