Posted By
fox.whisper
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I have version 2 right now and it seems to do most of what I want. In view of that, is there any WOW factor which I should upgrade for?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Fishface
Feb 8, 2007
I have version 2 right now and it seems to do most of what I want. In view of that, is there any WOW factor which I should upgrade for?

Download the tryout. With version 3 and later, it is like a different program. I believe the latest version 5 requires Windows XP and also SSE2 CPU instruction support. P4 has them, Athlon XP does not. Anything newer should be good to go, as well.

I don’t think version 2 has the red-eye tool that works with one click, does it?
FW
fox.whisper
Feb 8, 2007
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:32:16 GMT, "Fishface" <?> wrote:

Download the tryout. With version 3 and later, it is like a different program. I believe the latest version 5 requires Windows XP and also SSE2 CPU instruction support. P4 has them, Athlon XP does not. Anything newer should be good to go, as well.

I don’t think version 2 has the red-eye tool that works with one click, does it?
Thanks for your reply.
No, not the one-click thing-y, but the lack of it doesn’t bother me, the tutorial takes one through the whole process.
I have WinXP + SP2, but what’s SSE2 CPU? My chip is Athlon XP 2800+ so, from what you say, it looks like the upgrade is out. It’s just unless there is any real knee-trembler new element, I’m not sure I should spend the money.
JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 8, 2007
wrote:
Hello

I tried out the version 3 trial when I had V2. I liked it just enough to buy V3. As time when on I found a lot I liked about V3. I now have V4 and while I don’t think that much was added that I really use, I do see some advantages to it, so I would not return to V3 even though it took me a couple of moths to get use to it and find a few things that made me stop regretting I had upgraded.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
F
Fishface
Feb 8, 2007
I have WinXP + SP2, but what’s SSE2 CPU? My chip is Athlon XP 2800+ so, from what you say, it looks like the upgrade is out.

Version 4 would work and is still available. You can even download the tryout. ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshopelements/win/4.x/

It’s just unless there is any real knee-trembler new element, I’m not sure I should spend the money.

Well, try it. Maybe someone will have it discounted. I can’t believe they would limit their market like that…
M
Mossie
Feb 8, 2007
wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
No, not the one-click thing-y, but the lack of it doesn’t bother me, the tutorial takes one through the whole process.
I have WinXP + SP2, but what’s SSE2 CPU? My chip is Athlon XP 2800+ so, from what you say, it looks like the upgrade is out. It’s just unless there is any real knee-trembler new element, I’m not sure I should spend the money.
My Catalog file in PSE 5 appears to be corrupt as the program hangs when I try to open it. Is it possible to recover this somehow?

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups —-= East and West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—-
B
BRH
Feb 8, 2007
wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I have PSE5 running on an AthlonXP 2600. So, I’m sure that it will run on your system.

Whether its worth upgrading for you (feature-wise) is another question. This is my first version of PSE, so I have nothing to compare it to.
F
Fishface
Feb 9, 2007
I have PSE5 running on an AthlonXP 2600. So, I’m sure that it will run on your system.

I’d swear I originally read that PSE5 required SSE2, and I was not confusing Premiere Elements as I already knew that required it. It doesn’t say it now though…
JB
John B
Feb 12, 2007
wrote:
Hello
Depends what you spend your time doing with PSE2 – if portraits then maybe the Healing Brush will produce the Wow, if landscapes then the Magic Wand tool might do it for you as well!
Personally I like the PhotoBrowser with tagging etc that makes finding photos so much easier. I have PSE 4.
The best idea is to download a trial (may as well be PSE 5 and see if it helps enough to warrant upgrading.
Good luck
JB

Remove socks to reply.
M
MrB
Feb 24, 2007

From Adobe website:
Background information

The SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 2) instruction set is included with Intel Pentium 4 and later processors, and with AMD Athlon 64 and Opteron and later processors.
P
Plaincity
Jun 16, 2007
Hello

I use the soft healing brush and the horizontal leveling tools all the time. If I had to go back to 2.0 I would be lost without those items.
ND
Norman Dulaney
Jun 16, 2007
wrote in message
Hello

5 works great with xp athlon chip premere 3 does not i have this chip and have no trouble at all download the trail

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections