GI
Posted By
Glen in Orlando
Feb 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My copy of PSE v5 came without a manual (Amazon.com). I have purchased "The Missing Manual" book for PSEv5 but was wondering if there are any other favorite books or tutorials out there?
This is my first (serious) photo-editing program and I am really having fun with it.
I’d be interested in how-to’s, books, preferably with a CD or source website for images to work along with. DVD would be great also. I am articularly interested in layers and an increased understanding of them.
I have subscribed to PSE Techniques (Adobe) and am anxiously awaiting my first copy in the mail.

Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DF
Don F
Feb 11, 2007
"QX" wrote in message
My copy of PSE v5 came without a manual (Amazon.com). I have purchased "The Missing Manual" book for PSEv5 but was wondering if there are any other favorite books or tutorials out there?
This is my first (serious) photo-editing program and I am really having fun with it.
I’d be interested in how-to’s, books, preferably with a CD or source website for images to work along with. DVD would be great also. I am articularly interested in layers and an increased understanding of them.
I have subscribed to PSE Techniques (Adobe) and am anxiously awaiting my first copy in the mail.

Thanks in advance
———–
I read the outstanding reviews of "The Missing Manual" and was convinced that it was a good first choice but after I browsed through it at the bookstore, I was disappointed.
It is a good sized book but it seemed to devote only a small section to editing. The rest was on organizing and other features. I bought the Adobe PS Elements 5.0 "Classroom in a Book" series. I generally prefer reference type books rather than having to perform a series of exercises to learn but this book is easy to run through. It also comes with a CD.
I am still looking for a good "how to" quick reference book focused on editing.
Don F
JB
John B
Feb 12, 2007
QX wrote:

Thanks in advance

Try
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselementslessons/Photoshop _Elements_Basics_Free_Online_Course_Index_of_Lessons.htm

to start with, then have a look at:
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/

I’m not sure where you are situated but if its the UK then I found Digital Photo Magazine very good – usually 60 – 90 minutes of PSE tutorials on a free CD every month.

JB

Remove socks to reply.
JB
John B
Feb 12, 2007
QX wrote:

Thanks in advance
Sorry, should also have mentioned the goddess Janee
http://www.myjanee.com/index.html

Very good

JB

Remove socks to reply.
AB
Andrew Bealing
Feb 13, 2007
I have found the Philip Andrews books excellent. There’s three on PSE5 "Adobe Photoshop Elements 5- A Visual Introduction to Digital Imaging" is good for starters. I have noted that the March edition of Digital Camera magazine has some PSE5 introductory tutorials on its disc which might be a good and relatively cheap starting point.

Andrew Bealing

"John B" wrote in message
QX wrote:
My copy of PSE v5 came without a manual (Amazon.com). I have purchased "The Missing Manual" book for PSEv5 but was wondering if there are any other favorite books or tutorials out there? This is my first (serious) photo-editing program and I am really
having fun with it. I’d be interested in how-to’s, books, preferably with a CD or source
website for images to work along with. DVD would be great also. I am articularly interested in layers and an increased understanding of them. I have subscribed to PSE Techniques (Adobe) and am anxiously awaiting
my first copy in the mail.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, should also have mentioned the goddess Janee
http://www.myjanee.com/index.html

Very good

JB

Remove socks to reply.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections