R
Posted By
rtavi
Aug 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought Photoshop elements 7 and of course there is no manual. I have great trouble trying to switch back and forth to the online and readme files. I am not experienced in using this and it is very confusing. If I could bother you with a newbie’s request –could someone please recommend what they think is the best tutorial manual that I could buy to teach myself how to use this program? I’m willing to put in the time and effort to teach myself but there is a confusing number of titles and I need on that’s specific to this version (7) and clear enough to take me through step by step. I plan to use this a lot for making items to use in my classroom. Thank you in advance– I appreciate anyone who has time to recommend a manual to me.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Roberto
Aug 29, 2009
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:58:42 -0500, "rtavi"
wrote:

I just bought Photoshop elements 7 and of course there is no manual. I have great trouble trying to switch back and forth to the online and readme files. I am not experienced in using this and it is very confusing. If I could bother you with a newbie’s request –could someone please recommend what they think is the best tutorial manual that I could buy to teach myself how to use this program? I’m willing to put in the time and effort to teach myself but there is a confusing number of titles and I need on that’s specific to this version (7) and clear enough to take me through step by step. I plan to use this a lot for making items to use in my classroom. Thank you in advance– I appreciate anyone who has time to recommend a manual to me.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780321565969/Photoshop -Elements-7-for-Windows?gbase=true&utm_medium=Google&amp ;utm_campaign=Base&utm_source=UK&utm_content=Photosh op-Elements-7-for-Windows

sorted.
R
rtavi
Aug 30, 2009
Thank you
wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:58:42 -0500, "rtavi"
wrote:

I just bought Photoshop elements 7 and of course there is no manual. I have great trouble trying to switch back and forth to the online and readme
files. I am not experienced in using this and it is very confusing. If I could bother you with a newbie’s request –could someone please recommend what they think is the best tutorial manual that I could buy to teach myself
how to use this program? I’m willing to put in the time and effort to teach
myself but there is a confusing number of titles and I need on that’s specific to this version (7) and clear enough to take me through step by step. I plan to use this a lot for making items to use in my classroom. Thank you in advance– I appreciate anyone who has time to recommend a manual to me.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780321565969/Photoshop -Elements-7-for-Windows?gbase=true&utm_medium=Google&amp ;utm_campaign=Base&utm_source=UK&utm_content=Photosh op-Elements-7-for-Windows

sorted.
DW
Dan Wenz
Sep 1, 2009
rtavi wrote:
I just bought Photoshop elements 7 and of course there is no manual. I have great trouble trying to switch back and forth to the online and readme files. I am not experienced in using this and it is very confusing. If I could bother you with a newbie’s request –could someone please recommend what they think is the best tutorial manual that I could buy to teach myself how to use this program? I’m willing to put in the time and effort to teach myself but there is a confusing number of titles and I need on that’s specific to this version (7) and clear enough to take me through step by step. I plan to use this a lot for making items to use in my classroom.
Thank you in advance– I appreciate anyone who has time to recommend a manual to me.

Same question for me for PE 6, please.
LL
Leo Lichtman
Sep 3, 2009
"Dan Wenz" wrote: Same question for me for PE 6, please. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have been doing Photoshop 4 for several years, and have taken a class, plus buying a number of books. My latest is "How to Cheat in Photoshop 6," by David Asche and Steve Caplin. It’s excellent. While it is aimed at PS 6, the authors state that most of it applies to 4 and 5 as well. I thought I was pretty good, but I am learning things I didn’t know I didn’t know.

Usual disclaimer: no connection to the authors or publisher except as a satisfied customer.
DW
Dan Wenz
Sep 3, 2009
Leo Lichtman wrote:

I have been doing Photoshop 4 for several years, and have taken a class, plus buying a number of books. My latest is "How to Cheat in Photoshop 6," by David Asche and Steve Caplin. It’s excellent. While it is aimed at PS 6, the authors state that most of it applies to 4 and 5 as well. I thought I was pretty good, but I am learning things I didn’t know I didn’t know.
Usual disclaimer: no connection to the authors or publisher except as a satisfied customer.

I’ve the same book, bought it for a class I attended earlier this year, but it seems to assume a prior working knowledge of PE6, so I need to get a more inclusive book in addition. I do have, from the library, "Photoshop Elements 6, the Missing Manual", by Barbara Brundage, so will see how that coincides with my needs.
F
fernman
Sep 16, 2009
I am pasting below a copy of a message I posted only yesterday in reply to someone with a similar query:

"I have version 7, and after studying virtually every book there is on
the subject both in a public library and in a large bookshop, as well as checking reviews on Amazon, I bought "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 7" by S. Johnson and K. Binder, published by Pearson.

In my opinion, it is the only book that starts off with detailed but basic information for new users, five chapters in fact, before it moves on through simple to advanced image editing. The comprehensive contents are clearly laid out, with a subject to a page or to an opening. The screenshots are in colour but these are subdued, making it easy on the eyes, while it is without any of the flashy "Hints" and
"Tips" that I find so distracting in other books.

Wow, this is beginning to sound like one of those publicity shots posing as a user review, isn’t it! I can assure you it is not. If you can get hold of a copy from a library, I hope you will agree with my views, and I am sure you should have no trouble finding a copy of "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 6" to buy. If there are none on Amazon,
try abebooks.com or .co.uk depending on your location."
A
Aristobulus
Sep 19, 2009
My advice would be – look at a real printed copy of the book as the black/grey interface makes screen shots difficult to reproduce.

You could have a look at a downloadable resource here:-

http://www.davidagreen.com/ELEMENTS%206%20L1%20WORKBOOK%20-% 20DAG.pdf

"fernman" wrote in message
I am pasting below a copy of a message I posted only yesterday in reply to someone with a similar query:

the subject both in a public library and in a large bookshop, as well as checking reviews on Amazon, I bought "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 7" by S. Johnson and K. Binder, published by Pearson.
In my opinion, it is the only book that starts off with detailed but basic information for new users, five chapters in fact, before it moves on through simple to advanced image editing. The comprehensive contents are clearly laid out, with a subject to a page or to an opening. The screenshots are in colour but these are subdued, making it easy on the eyes, while it is without any of the flashy "Hints" and

Wow, this is beginning to sound like one of those publicity shots posing as a user review, isn’t it! I can assure you it is not. If you can get hold of a copy from a library, I hope you will agree with my views, and I am sure you should have no trouble finding a copy of "Brilliant Photoshop Elements 6" to buy. If there are none on Amazon,
R
rtavi
Oct 4, 2009
Thanks everyone

"Aristobulus" wrote in message
My advice would be – look at a real printed copy of the book as the black/grey interface makes screen shots difficult to reproduce.
You could have a look at a downloadable resource here:-

http://www.davidagreen.com/ELEMENTS%206%20L1%20WORKBOOK%20-% 20DAG.pdf

"fernman" wrote in message

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections