Posted By
coffeeboy27
Feb 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

i have a question about the backup function in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0.
I have my Photo Folder on my d: Drive –> d:\photos ( 15GB ) I have import all my photos into PSE … i have read that PSE only make an shortcut to my photo folder…
But if i would like to start a backup, i notice that my Backup file is so large as my photo folder…!!!! ( 15GB )
It is possible to make only a shortcut to my photo folder without a copy from my original files ?

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 19, 2008
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message
Hi,

I have my Photo Folder on my d: Drive –> d:\photos ( 15GB ) I have import all my photos into PSE … i have read that PSE only make an shortcut to my photo folder…
But if i would like to start a backup, i notice that my Backup file is so large as my photo folder…!!!! ( 15GB )
It is possible to make only a shortcut to my photo folder without a copy from my original files ?

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby
HM
herbert.mackert
Feb 19, 2008
On 19 Feb., 13:50, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Hi Joseph,

yes, i´d need only a backup of the definitons of PSE …! I backup my orginal photos automatically…
Did you have an idea ?

thank you very much ….
JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 19, 2008
Sorry I don’t. I would expect that if you knew which files store what you could just copy those needed. Assuming you don’t store the images in an Adobe folder, then I would guess that you could copy the Adobe folder or maybe a sub folder.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message
On 19 Feb., 13:50, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of
PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Hi Joseph,

yes, i´d need only a backup of the definitons of PSE …! I backup my orginal photos automatically…
Did you have an idea ?

thank you very much ….
K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:34:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!postnews .google.com!28g2000hsw.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 Backup
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:34:48 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 17
Message-ID:
NNTP-Posting-Host: 213.95.18.111
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1203327289 31631 127.0.0.1 (18 Feb 2008 09:34:49 GMT) X-Complaints-To:
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:34:49 +0000 (UTC) Complaints-To:
Injection-Info: 28g2000hsw.googlegroups.com; posting-host=213.95.18.111; posting-account=meVshwoAAAB6XTix6j-3FAzrhEuHAX5W
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9891
X-Received-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:34:59 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

That’s what a backup is. A copy of your original files. That way, if your hard drive goes out, you still have a copy of your photos. If you only have a shortcut to your photos and your hard drive crashes, then, good bye photos. You can save your originals on your backup drive. Just don’t have photoshop do a backup.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections