M
Posted By
mcsteve
Aug 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After using P Shop LE 5.0 for about 8 years, I am having much difficulty with it. That is, it will not load, or function any more. I have tried every damn solution/fix I can think of. I un-installed and re-installed it. I have performed every maintenance procedure that I have available (Windows and Norton Systemworks). It just stopped working. The window opens, but remains blank and stalls. So, here is my question:
Is Elements similar in functionality and layout to LE ? I do not have the need for full blown P Shop, nor do I want to spend that kind of $$$.

LE has served my purposes just fine for many years.
I’d like to stick with a program I’m familiar with, rather than use some other software from a different brand, altogether.

TIA

Steve <snip> McQ

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RG
Roy G
Aug 30, 2008
"mcsteve" wrote in message
After using P Shop LE 5.0 for about 8 years, I am having much difficulty with it. That is, it will not load, or function any more. I have tried every damn solution/fix I can think of. I un-installed and re-installed it. I have performed every maintenance procedure that I have available (Windows and Norton Systemworks). It just stopped working. The window opens, but remains blank and stalls. So, here is my question:
Is Elements similar in functionality and layout to LE ? I do not have the need for full blown P Shop, nor do I want to spend that kind of $$$.
LE has served my purposes just fine for many years.
I’d like to stick with a program I’m familiar with, rather than use some other software from a different brand, altogether.

TIA

Steve <snip> McQ

Hi.

I am sure you will find that PS Elements is MILES better than LE.

It will have a slightly steeper learning curve, but there are so many "auto" fixes available in it, that you might not need to do any learning.

Roy G
B
bitwisebob
Aug 30, 2008
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:07:15 -0400, "mcsteve" wrote:

That is, it will not load, or function any more.
I have tried every damn solution/fix I can think of. I un-installed and re-installed it. I have performed every maintenance procedure that I have available (Windows and Norton Systemworks). It just stopped working

might try…
backup data
reformat the hard drive, reinstall Windows, reinstall apps good practice every so often, kind of a PIA however

Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

M
mcsteve
Sep 4, 2008
"Roy G" wrote:
I am sure you will find that PS Elements is MILES better than LE.
It will have a slightly steeper learning curve, but there are so many "auto" fixes available in it, that you might not need to do any learning.

Well, I bought a copy of Elements 6. I hate it. The interface is ugly and cluttered. Simple functions that were in LE are not there. My biggest beef is that the re-size function doesn’t allow you to select pixels as an option. To re-do an image from (say) 1600×1200 to 1024x 679, you have to use the separate, "save for web" function. It does not automatically display the change in the preview window. Elements is obviously aimed at those who print at home, and make photo albums. I need a program that can process images from a DSLR, and do it with the least amount of BS and cheeziness.
I think I’ll shop around for another copy of LE.

Steve <snip> McQ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections