E
Posted By
ElliR
Mar 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently had to do a complete reinstall of my PC and prior to doing so used the Deactivate function. Following the reinstall of my system I installed CS3 once again from the CD and the install went without problems. Of course I now had the original version (10) installed and so used the update facility from within CS3. Following this I was presented with an error message advising that there was a problem installing 10.0.1 and Camera Raw. Despite running the installer again via the ‘Try Again’ button the problem persisted and so I pressed Cancel.

Following this I went to the Adobe site and downloaded the 10.0.1 update outside of CS3 and the install/update went without any problems. I also did this with Camera Raw. Now whenever CS3 starts up I get the splash screen indicating version 10.0.1 and from within CS3 (Help – about plug-ins) I see that Camera Raw 4.3.1 is installed.

However, a few moments ago the installer once again appeared indicating that version 10.0.1 was ready to be installed and so just to get rid of the pop up I clicked ‘Install’. Of course I received back could not install message and I suspect that this is going to pop it’s ugly head up on future ocassions as well.

Does anyone know where the fault/error lies and how I stop this pop up advising me that 10.0.1 is ready to be installed when it seems that it already is. Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 13, 2008
The updater is broken.

Just go to Help > Updates and when the updater appears, select Preferences and uncheck "Automatically Check for Adobe Updates".

I always get my updates the way you did.
E
ElliR
Mar 13, 2008
OK thanks for the info John. I guess in the absence of the auto updates option one has no way of knowing when updates are available other than to periodically check the web site.
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 13, 2008
And here of course!

If you are worried about missing an update you can always use the Help > Updates… method to have a look and then cancel out and download and install manually.

You have more control and usually get a bit of information from the web site too.
E
ElliR
Mar 13, 2008
And here of course! Yes how silly of me 🙂 Thanks again.
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 13, 2008
Cheers!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections