W
Posted By
w1ck3d
Mar 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
for a while not ive been suspect that all fonts i have in the windows font directory werent coming up when i open photoshop

installed four more fonts recently and this confirmed what i had thought for a while

couldnt find any of them at all !!

Does anyone know whats going on ?

have 800 fonts in my windows directory . and im using CS2

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 14, 2008
Did you install them via the Fonts Applet in Control Panel?
W
w1ck3d
Mar 14, 2008
no i just copied them straight into

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
W
w1ck3d
Mar 14, 2008
when i open the fonts thing in control panel i can see most of them in there though
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 14, 2008
I don’t know what goes on in the background when you use that applet but I suggest you move your recent additions out to a new folder and try installing them from there via the applet.
DM
Don_McCahill
Mar 14, 2008
And if John’s advice doesn’t work, you may have a bad font disrupting the list. This happens if you pick up a lot of free fonts off the net, almost never with fonts purchased from a commercial place.

In that case, you again pull them all off, and load them in slowly, 5 or 10 at a time, to see if they load correctly.
W
w1ck3d
Mar 15, 2008
Thanks yeah i think you guys are right ill do a clean install of windows in fact and start fresh

How many is photoshop capable of showing ?
or just unlimited and it will get slower and slower loading them?

Thanks
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 15, 2008
There seems to be no limit but it will slow things down and one bad one can crash the program.

If you have got a load of freebies, do what Don said and install a few at a time so you can spot any corrupt ones. Also you can view them in Windows to decide if you want them before installing them.

And better still, get a font manager that will activate only those fonts you need for the current task.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections