RH
Posted By
Ronald_Hirsch
Apr 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I loaded Bridge CS3 now, I got a display of the usual sections, but I was unable to see any images as all the various sections were blank – no images. I can get a display of folders, but when I click on a folder, no thumbnails are displayed. At the lower left, there is a listing of image quantities by various characteristics, but no thumbnails will display.

I played around with the various settings, and once or twice I got see a few jpg thumbnails. But it seemed as if Bridge CS3 had gone crazy. And usually after a little playing around, Bridge would lock up, and crash.

Photoshop CS3 seems to be working properly, but Bridge seemed corrupted..

So I decided that I would reinstall Bridge.

My CS3 case has two disks in it, one for "Adobe Photoshop CS3", and one for the "Video Workshop". I put the Adobe Photoshop CS3 disk in, and when the install window came up, I saw no option to just do Bridge, so I selected the complete CS3 install.

The next window requested that I insert the CS3 disk, but that was already in place – but somehow, the install didn’t think so, so nothing could proceed.

I’m an advanced computer user, but I have no clue as to what’s going on here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Hirsch

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Apr 15, 2008
You may get more answers in the Bridge forum but, off the top of my head I would say reset the Bridge Preferences by holding down Ctrl as it starts from the icon and keep it down until you get a dialog with three choices. Select all three. This will clear your Bridge cache which is a likely cause of the problem. You may need to adjust some other settings too.

It is always dangerous to say "I am an advanced computer user" if you’re in a hole!

I would never make that claim – the machines are always one step ahead of me.
RH
Ronald_Hirsch
Apr 15, 2008
Hi Josh,

I tried what you suggested, but that did not work. I can see "things" only at the folder level. Once I try to select and open a folder, nothing displays, and Bridge generally locks up. So it would seem to be corrupted somewhere.

Can you think of any reason why the CS3 install disk would not run?

The reason I commented that I am an advanced user is to avoid havng respondents feel they have to provide nitty gritty detail on any suggestions. The machine I’m working on is a high end machine designed, built, and maintained by me, and I am quite versatile in dealing with most types of hardware and software problems.

If all else fails, I generally image my C drive weekly, and I can go back to a previous state when all was operating properly.

I would prefer to repair teh present install, or reinstall CS3 Bridge. But my disk balks at that???

Ron Hirsch
+++++++++++++++++++

"John Joslin" wrote in message
You may get more answers in the Bridge forum but, off the top of my head I would say reset the Bridge Preferences by holding down Ctrl as it starts from the icon and keep it down until you get a dialog with three choices. Select all three. This will clear your Bridge cache which is a likely cause of the problem. You may need to adjust some other settings too.

It is always dangerous to say "I am an advanced computer user" if you’re in a hole!

I would never make that claim – the machines are always one step ahead of me.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 15, 2008
Did you get the dialog with 3 choices?

John
RH
Ronald_Hirsch
Apr 15, 2008
Hi Josh,

Yes, I did get the dialog box with the 3 choices, and I checked all 3. But that changed nothing.

I went onto the Adobe site, and did some searching. And I came across several things to try on a page entitled "Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge", wihch I printed out for future reference.

One of the suggestions seemed appropriate, and that was to manually delete the entire cache folder tree, which I did.

The next loading of Bridge CS3 worked properly. And since I had saved several customized workspaces, which were still listed, I selected one of them, and all was back to normal.

Now if I could only figure out why the install DVD would not respond, I’d be a very happy camper.

Ron

"John Joslin" wrote in message
Did you get the dialog with 3 choices?

John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections