SF
Posted By
sfnch_fonebone
Aug 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop 7 sucessfully for years but I have downloaded a trial version of Photoshop CS3…

I would like to install the CS3 on the same computer as the Photoshop 7. Will this be an issue or am I expected to uninstall the Photoshop 7 first?

I cannot find anywhere basic instructions to install CS3.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Freeagent
Aug 2, 2008
No problem. They live in separate directories.
SF
sfnch_fonebone
Aug 2, 2008
thanks Freeagent – Well, I would obviously install them in different folders but knowing Adobe I would be naive in the extreme to think that would be sufficient to stop any conflicts arising without checking first…

Any advance on "They live in separate directories" ?
JP
john_passaneau
Aug 2, 2008
wrote in
news::

thanks Freeagent – Well, I would obviously install them in different folders but knowing Adobe I would be naive in the extreme to think that would be sufficient to stop any conflicts arising without checking first…

Any advance on "They live in separate directories" ?

I had ver. 6, 7 and CS2 on my computer along with Elements 3 at the same time. At no time did any of them give any indication that they noticed (outside of when upgrading) that the other was there. IÂ’ve seen some were a note from Adobe that it is ok to have multiple versions on your computer.

John Passaneau, with CS3, and Lightroom 1.4 and Lightroom 2 his computer living happily together as one big family.
SF
sfnch_fonebone
Aug 2, 2008
Great. Many Thanks John.
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 3, 2008
Adobe has always made it possible to have multiple versions on the same computer. Any production software should allow that. You can’t take a chance on a new version having bugs, and that has happened with some versions.

I think that offical Adobe support files have also recommended that the old version be kept on the computer for a time. (But don’t ask me which message that was in.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections