GM
Posted By
Gary_Minton
Aug 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recently purchased Lightroom v2, but not yet installed it. Before doing so I wanted to check that my PC is capable of running it. ‘Minimum’ requirement is for a Pentium 4 procesor, which I do not have, though I meet all other requirements. Does any one foresee problem with running Lightroom with this processor. Intel core 2 Duo CPU T5600 @1.83GHz or would I be wasting my time.
My OS is Vista for business.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Aug 31, 2008
I think your processor is better than P4.

You could also ask in the Lightroom forum.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 31, 2008
Intel core 2 Duo CPU T5600 @1.83GHz or would I be wasting my time.

you’re fine.
S
stevent
Aug 31, 2008
I usually check the software will run on my machine before buying…

…. but that’s just me (I’m weird that way).
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 31, 2008
weirdo! 🙂
GM
Gary_Minton
Sep 1, 2008
Hi stevent, do you have a sensible answer to my question? I am simply trying to ascertain whether Lightroom will work on this PC,and I can use an alternative, if necesary. Sarchasm is, of course, the lowest form of wit!
F
Freeagent
Sep 1, 2008
Gary,

The Core2Duos are a newer generation than the Pentium line. As dave said, you’re fine. Go ahead.

Sarchasm is, of course, the lowest form of wit!

Take it easy. We’re just having a little fun among ourselves. It wasn’t directed at you, since you’d already got your answer 🙂
S
stevent
Sep 1, 2008
Sorry Gary, just a little needling, forgive my attempt at sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 1, 2008
Sarchasm is, of course, the lowest form of wit!

you haven’t been here very long gary. wait until the puns start! 😉
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 1, 2008
Is there not a trial of Lightroom available? If so, you could do like Stevent and make sure that it will run correctly.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Sep 1, 2008
It’s a hard comparison, but within limits the T5600 will do well.

The T5600 is a "Mobile" processor, that is, aimed at laptops and such.

The limits include a bus speed of only 667MHz, where the better units are already at 1333MHz and some beyond. But being a dual, and if LR2 is making good use of hyperthreading, you will find it adequate.

The P4 is rather ancient.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections