SF
Posted By
Stu_Farnham
Sep 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m seeing strange and inconsistent color rendering behavior is CS3 with one specific photo (if it is happening elsewhere I have not noticed it).

The photo is in a CRT2 file shot with a Canon 1Ds MKII, and depicts form autumn clematis; the shot is predominantly green and white, with some cream & yellow.

When I open the folder containing the raw file in Bridge, the color rendering in the thumbnail is what I expect. However, as soon as I select the thumbnail it (and the version in the viewing pane) gain a bright green color cast. The same cast is present in Photoshop.

If I open the same CR2 file in DXO Optics, the colors start as expected. I manipulate the photo a bit to get the colors I desire, and save as a JPEG.

If I open the resulting JPEG in Photoshop, it immediately acquires the same bright green color cast. If I open it in Windows Picture Viewer, it also has the color cast.

However, if I reopen it in DXO, or open it with the Quick Time picture viewer I see the colors as I set them in DXO.

I’m stumped — anyone have any suggestions? Color space is ADobe RGB throughout…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Sep 21, 2008
Might be a case of applying color profiles twice. Does the color look correct when you disable color management in Bridge and PS?

Mylenium
SF
Stu_Farnham
Sep 21, 2008
Good suggestion, but no.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections