Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where might the rest be?

Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Telemanr
Nov 21, 2008
I found them but I’m still puzzled that the installed version of PS CS4 had a default pattern library of two patterns.

Rob
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 21, 2008
Maybe they thought, "Why clutter the panel up with patterns people aren’t going to use?"
T
Telemanr
Nov 21, 2008
Then why offer a library of other patterns?

Why not at least have one of them loaded?
AJ
Adam_Jerugim
Nov 21, 2008
Each pattern loaded on launch requires more resources from your system. We changed the default # of patterns loaded to reduce the amount of RAM & scratch used when you launch PS. Feel free to add them back as you wish 🙂

-Adam
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 21, 2008
Just think, they’d have to decide which one. (And I bet everyone has his own favourite!)

You might guess that I don’t use patterns. 😉

Edit: Just saw Adam’s post which confirmed my thoughts. 🙂 )
T
Telemanr
Nov 22, 2008
The reason I asked in the first place was because of Deke McClelland’s new book "CS4 one-on-one" which I was following absolutely faithfully…used patterns at one point. And they simply weren’t there. He must have been using a pre-release when they were there because he doesn’t indicate any "looking for them" which I had to do. Mind you none of the supplied sets of patterns (once I found them) are quite the same as the one he shows.
I will speak sternly to him about this.

Rob
LB
LAMA_Beats
Jan 15, 2009
Please let me know how you did this, I will keep looking and respond if i find it.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 15, 2009
Did you load any patterns? If not, there won’t be many….
LB
LAMA_Beats
Jan 16, 2009
If you mean load b installing them are downloading than, maybe not, if You mean load as in changing a setting, no
I have no idea what I am doing, I am trying to follow online instructions and it seems that I am suppose to have patterns automatically. And all I have is two.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 16, 2009
dave milbut, "Pattern, Texture, .Pat File" #4, 15 Jan 2009 5:40 pm </webx?14/3>
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 16, 2009
in cs4 the folder is probably:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Patterns

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections