Posted By
John Leggett
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have created a design in Photoshop 7 with slices and have opened the design in ImageReady to save html and images.

As mentioned, the original design has slices which I have converted to type ‘No Image’ so that when I open the html in Dreamweaver, I can type in html text into the slice.

However, I cannot work out how to make the slice transparent in ImageReady (as there is an image behind the slice) as it appears with a solid white colour when optimised and is fouling a background image.

The orginal slice in Photoshop is transparent but when optimised in ImageReady is has a fill?

I am sure I am missing something here? – could someone help please?

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PH
Photo Help
Sep 16, 2003
John,

Select the slice in question. Look at the optimize settings for that slice and make sure it is a GIF (or PNG if you like that sort of thing) with the transparency box checked.

If you have a white background make sure it is turned off. In your case this isn’t the problem if you are seeing transparency.
JL
John Leggett
Sep 17, 2003
Thanks – I still have major problems here.

When the image is launched within ImageReady, I choose the slice and when I check slice properties, the type drop down menu is set to ‘image’ and I can see the background image when the original or optimise tab is chosen.

However, I want the slice to have ‘no image’ so that I can enter text when I open the exported optimised image in Dreamweaver MX.

So, in the ImageReady slice dialog box I choose ‘no image’ from the type drop down menu – when the original tab is chosen, I can see the background image (albeit a little rough as gif was chosen and not jpeg for transparency reasons) – however, when I choose the ‘optimise’ tab, the slice fill (in the chosen text or no image mode) goes white?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections