F
Posted By
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS4(11.0.1) and an intuos 3 tablet. I’m trying to get the Pen Tilt setting to work in photoshop but it just doesn’t. The tilt works fine in Painter however, and I have the latest wacom drivers installed.

In the brush settings I’m going under Shape dynamics(it’s checked), checking control>pen tilt, min diameter 0, tilt scale 200%. No matter what I do it only always works as if I have the control set to pen pressure sensitivity.

I don’t think I need the 6D art pen for pen tilt, or do I? Is there any other hidden setting for this to work?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 8, 2009
Hmm, I thought only rotation was busted – and that was fixed in the dot release. And (so far) I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems with the tilt.
F
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
I forgot to note that I also tried this in Photoshop CS2-same thing happens, the pen tilt works the same as pen pressure for me, no difference. Tilt of the pen doesn’t affect anything.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 8, 2009
Did you check the brush settings to see that pen tilt is mapped to something useful? (by default, I don’t think we map it to anything)
F
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
Sure I will check-but can you explain to me what you mean exactly by being mapped? I’m not sure what you mean…

I’ve tried it with several different settings(and brushes), size/scatter/color jitter(if that’s what you’re talking about). For all of them I use the extreme values- 0%min diameter and 200% tilt scale(changing those numbers doesn’t help anyway).
PC
Paul_Conway
Mar 31, 2009
I have the same problem with an Intuos 4 tablet on CS4 (11.0.1).

If I turn on shape dynamics and set "Shape dynamics > Size Jitter > Control" to "Pen Tilt", size only changes with pressure.

There’s no mapping option for the tilt function as far as I can see.
RG
radu.gabrielc
Apr 12, 2009
I have an Intuos4 too and i encouter the same problems. If i use tilt for size, it works as pressure. If i use it for roundess i see only a slight variation, far from what i expected. It only works for opacity. I’m using Photoshop CS4.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections